★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Finger Arts
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 23.0 MB
  • Version: 2.8.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Hangman HD makes it FUN to read the news on iPad! In true hangman fashion, you must fill in missing letters before your stick figure avatar succumbs to the noose. What sets Hangman apart is that it generates its puzzles from the latest headlines. Discover more news while having fun!

Built specifically to leverage the iPad's exceptional capabilities and larger touchscreen, Hangman is always new, culturally relevant, and exciting! When you complete any puzzle, you can always browse a list of the latest articles as well as read the entire article, all from within the game.

The headlines are updated instantly via the web, and downloaded puzzles can be solved anywhere, offline. You can play 4 levels of difficulty, compare scores with your friends and challenge them to outdo your solving skills!

Even select from 14 locations worldwide to pinpoint local, language specific news. (besides English, you can also play with real-time news in Deutsch, Dutch, Español, Français, Italiano, Svenska, and Português from their respective countries!)

Play with the latest headlines from major news sources
Play 4 levels of difficulty
Pulls from your local headlines so they're always new
Enjoy new, high resolution graphics

For any question, write us at support@fingerarts.com

Geoffwb's comments:
Hi Guys, Hangman RSS HD is out on iPad!

It's a word game that stays current, fun and relevant by pulling puzzles from tons of major news sources. You fill in the missing letters in the latest headlines to save your stick figure from succumbing to the noose!
It's a fun way to play with your news!

Find out more in the description below, or head to iTunes here. We'd love to hear about your thoughts, feedback, hangman experiences, questions, game bugs, iPad news fun, musings, suggestions, or anything at all!

Also check out the Finger Arts and Hangman RSS Website: http://www.fingerarts.com/site/home.html

04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
promo codes

Hi all, we've got some promo codes to give away for Hangman RSS HD. If you want to try out Kodix on your iPad for free, just post in this thread.

Apptly: Making Fantastic apps with <3 in Brooklyn. www.appt.ly

Last edited by Geoffwb; 04-08-2010 at 03:30 PM.

04-08-2010, 03:55 PM
More codes

Thanks for the PM's guys! We have a few more codes to give out, so keep em coming.
(please post in this thread though )

Last edited by Geoffwb; 04-08-2010 at 04:05 PM.
04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
PM Sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
04-08-2010, 04:01 PM
This has to be one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. One of those "Why didn't I think of that" things.
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I still want to try Kodix for free...didn't win a code in the other Kodix thread...
04-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Thank you for the code!

The iPhone version has got to be the best hangman game on the system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
04-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadweight View Post
This has to be one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. One of those "Why didn't I think of that" things.
Yeah, we think it's important that every puzzle is completely unique. Glad you dig it!

04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
looks great and if you still have codes i would appreciate one
04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Thank you!