★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Wii ware games made into apps

02-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Wii ware games made into apps

There has been a lot of wii ware games ported over and I was wondering if any one else thinks they shud port over good ones like lost winds and world of goo. They are both better than the majority of real wii games

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes.

Toki Tori is coming soon.

Pop, Tiki Towers, and Midnight Bowling/Pool have already been ported as well as a few others.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

02-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I no but wouldn't world of goo be perfect it easy to pick up and play and controls would work great ps.could someone please contact the creators of world of goo

02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferi22 View Post
I no but wouldn't world of goo be perfect it easy to pick up and play and controls would work great ps.could someone please contact the creators of world of goo
I think they already were. Why not send them an e-mail yourself?

Equlibrio's being ported over, too. Can't wait
02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Of course they should port over the good ones I don't know how active the World Of Goo developers are on their own forum, or if they just decided to ignore the question, but there are two or three different threads asking about an iPhone port that have gone unanswered, starting around September of last year.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-13-2009, 06:37 AM
I'd think if anything they are going to go as downloadable content on the DSi (to compete with iTunes).
02-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
I'd think if anything they are going to go as downloadable content on the DSi (to compete with iTunes).
But idevices can simulate wii gameplay much easier and I am pretty sure app store sales are doing better than wii ware and world of goo really wouldn't, work on dsi becouse you would need touch screen on both screens vbecause. That small touch screen at the bottom wouldn't be big engough where an iPhone would be perfect. And lost winds requires higher graphics than the de can handle and the dsi just uses de games ps can someone find the creator of world of goo's email adress for me

02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Quote:
But idevices can simulate wii gameplay much easier and I am pretty sure app store sales are doing better than wii ware and world of goo really wouldn't, work on dsi becouse you would need touch screen on both screens vbecause. That small touch screen at the bottom wouldn't be big engough where an iPhone would be perfect. And lost winds requires higher graphics than the de can handle and the dsi just uses de games ps can someone find the creator of world of goo's email adress for me
Not an email address, but it is a way to contact him: http://2dboy.com/contact.php

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Quote:
world of goo really wouldn't, work on dsi becouse you would need touch screen on both screens vbecause. That small touch screen at the bottom wouldn't be big engough where an iPhone would be perfect.
Erm... not really.The top screen wouldn't have to be touch, it could simply be a map of sorts like many other games. And don't forget, the DSi touch screen is bigger than the iPhone screen.
02-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Everyone must send a message to 2 dboy now