★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MuffinStory
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 7.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Type, improve and unlock!

Who is the best when it is time to handle the keys? Test your skills and challenge your friends! Written is the ultimate activity to let the time pass by.

The text to write will be generated randomly with the most used words in the English Language. You have to write as many as possible words in under 60 seconds. Each misspelled word counts as minus points, so don't make mistakes!

With its smooth gameplay and incredibly smart design it will be as hard as never before to get yourself to press the Home Button.

Fun will not be over when the game is played for a while. There are five addicting game modes that can be unlocked and many more are about to follow in updates! It is even possible to type topical RSS feeds!

When you think that you just scored a new superb score you can tweet about it, challenge your friends via email or post a facebook entry.

################################
#16 TOP PAID Word game in the USA
#9 TOP PAID Education game in the USA

This application is developed by two 16 years old students from Germany.

MuffinStory's comments:

Written is now available for the iPad!
http://itunes.com/apps/written

0.99$

We want to show you the smoothness and lovely details of our App in a short video:

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

In order to motivate the user we added the ability to unlock game modes. The game will strain you skills and challenge you to keep playing!

We would be glad to see some comments on our app!

Please write us a review in the iTunes Store, because we have no chance to test our app on a real device. The iPad will be available in Germany in late April…

Best wishes,
Florian and Adrian.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Update from 11th april:

Here are the update plans:
  • 1.2 iPhone Port with awesome new design (as universal app, so iPad user get it for free), small bug fixes -> done in 1-2 Weeks!
  • 1.3 German and France localization for the international launch of the iPad
  • 1.x […] User suggestions etc.
  • 2.0 A complete new game type/mode and new designs/themes

Update from 12th april:

We proudly announce that version 1.1 of Written. is now available in the AppStore.

What's new:
  • Global leaderboard
  • Differentiation between hardware and virtual keyboards in the leaderboard
  • A new slide game mode menu with nice effects
  • A tutorial explaining what to do
  • Major bug fixes

Oh, by the way: Written is now the 8# TOP PAID Education App in the AppStore and stays as the #16 TOP PAID Word game in the USA.

Get it now

With 1.3 we introduce a completely new and extraordinaire mode. We can not tell you more, but you will love it.

We are happy to hear your opinion about the game! You can write us an iTunes App Store review or just post your opinion in this thread.

Best wishes,
Adrian
04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I took EEKNMH9ARXHM. Will post review after I play with it.

Thanks,

Bryan

Edit:
The concept is cool, but I had no idea what to do when I launched the game. I was totally lost. ALL games need the mini tutorial mode at the beginning to help the user to know what to do. If your game is a known game like pac man then you can probably get away with no tutorial.

Dropping somebody directly into the game play when the game is launched for the first time is probably not a good thing. Still trying to figure out if this is a game or a iPad typing speed tester.

Last edited by TheGeekNextDoor; 04-07-2010 at 07:07 AM.

04-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Got 6HWW9JLEL7JX. Will review after a few plays. Thanks!
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
i grabbed this one

TJ76MH43EKXY
04-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I used RJ93T96FYAYH
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Grabbed NXYTY7TP7FTP. Thank you!

Grab a copy of Feather, FREE on the App Store!
04-06-2010, 11:52 PM
What a cool concept! Too bad all the codes are already taken.

One suggestion based on your description: instead of random words, how about throwing out sentences from poems and books in the open domain? It would also go towards some education You could also integrate with IMDB and throw out random quotes from the Top 200 movies, or something. Would bring a lot more connect to the app than just a random string of nonsense. (Now that I read it more closely, you do seem to support some sort of RSS integration. Sweet!)

Editor for Phone Mantra, a mobile tech and gaming website
www.phonemantra.com
PM me if you want your game(s) covered
04-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekNextDoor View Post
The concept is cool, but I had no idea what to do when I launched the game. I was totally lost. ALL games need the mini tutorial mode at the beginning to help the user to know what to do. If your game is a known game like pac man then you can probably get away with no tutorial.

Dropping somebody directly into the game play when the game is launched for the first time is probably not a good thing. Still trying to figure out if this is a game or a iPad typing speed tester.
Thanks for your feedback!
You are right - we implemented a general first play tutorial to version 1.1.
It is currently still in Review but will be available as soon as Apple decided to put it online. Here is a picture of the introduction that will only appear on first launch:

But it is a good idea that a tutorial for each mode should be displayed when you play the mode for the first time. Maybe some kind of a help button hidden in an object somewhere on the table.
Are the animations smooth? We wondered because the Simulator cannot handle Open GL as good as the real device.

What about the overall experience when you got what it is about?

Those are the additional features of 1.1:
- global leaderboard
- determination of hardware and virtual keyboards in the leaderboard
- A new slide game mode menu with nice effects
- A tutorial to begin with
- major bug fixes

Best wishes (:
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I didn't got an promo code, but the game idea sounds interest. Are there any plans for an iPhone version? I think that this game play would perfectly fits on the iPhone.
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes! We are definitely releasing an iPhone version soon!

Yes! We are definitely releasing an iPhone version soon! Not only will we release the iPhone version soon but also we will probably make it an universal application. You will only have to pay once to experience the game on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch! We will probably include it in the next update.

Purchase now that the price is low! .99$ only.

PS: To the people that grabbed Promo codes: We would be happy to see feedback in the AppStore, http://itunes.com/apps/written.

Have a nice day everyone,
Adrian.