★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Robozzle is a social puzzle game which teaches programming. Using only a few simple commands, teach the robot to recurse a tree, follow a linked list, or count in binary.

With beautiful graphics, a painstakingly crafted user interface, and unique game play Robozzle for iPhone is a must have for anyone who thinks they are good at puzzles. With hundreds of hours of game play, this is one that you won't be putting down soon.

Robozzle is user-driven. The database of over 1,000 puzzles grows daily with unique challenges. After you solve a puzzle, vote on its difficulty and creativity so others can find the best puzzles out there. Discuss the interesting puzzles or look for hints in the forum from within the app.

With an online account you can track which puzzles you have solved and sync with the original web version of Robozzle.

Puzzles range from fiendishly fun to excruciatingly difficult. Don't worry, if you get stuck you can simply skip the puzzle. For those who must know the solution, your curiosity can be satisfied with the In App Purchase solution store.

---
This free download includes the tutorial and 15 puzzles. To unlock all the puzzles and online features you can use the In-App-Purchase store within the game.
---

bridgeyman's comments:
Hey,

Today Robozzle finally went live on the App Store!

Robozzle is a new social puzzle game for the iPhone that teaches programming. Using only a few simple commands, teach a robot to recurse a tree, follow a linked list, or count in binary. With beautiful graphics, a painstakingly crafted user interface, and unique game play, Robozzle for iPhone is a must have for anyone who thinks they are good at puzzles. With hundreds of hours of game play, this is one that you wont be putting down soon.

Check out a video of Robozzle at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnWJ29eNCbY.

To celebrate the launch of Robozzle I am giving away free copies of Lumen 2.0 for OS X (usually $10.00). Tweet about Robozzle and I email you a free license! Click on the "TweetBlast" link at the top of http://robozzleapp.com

I also am posting some codes to Robozzle in the promo code forum.

- Bridger Maxwell
04-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

04-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
Thanks. Just download the game for FREE.
Will wait for my son to play and then post review. ^O^ He love this kind of game.

P.S. Why do we need promo-code while the game is FREE?
EDIT: OK. I know. The code to unlock to full version. Thanks.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog

Last edited by rogerchiu; 04-07-2010 at 09:15 AM.
04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
this looks a programmers game

ps good point with the why a promo code needed ?

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
this looks a programmers game

ps good point with the why a promo code needed ?
---
This free download includes the tutorial and 15 puzzles. To unlock all the puzzles and online features you can use the In-App-Purchase store within the game.
---

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
04-07-2010, 05:21 PM
This is a great game. Picked it up today and after working through the trial levels, I immediatley upgraded in-app.
Brilliant fun - seeing how few stops you can solve each level in is awesome and the programming is suprisingly in-depth when you get going.

Would love to see either OpenFeint or Plus+ integration in a future version plus maybe the option to design and upload levels.
04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
This looks really cool. Downloading now. If I like it, I'll buy the remaining levels, too.
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh right! When I got the mailing list email I envisaged something more like the old Mac game RoboWars, from a brief skim of ... robots ... programming ... lol . Thanks for the movie, this looks really cool and more along the lines of the boardgame Robo Rally but more predictable if only it can be worked out. Will definitely be giving this a go!
04-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenPoohUK View Post
This is a great game. Picked it up today and after working through the trial levels, I immediatley upgraded in-app.
Brilliant fun - seeing how few stops you can solve each level in is awesome and the programming is suprisingly in-depth when you get going.

Would love to see either OpenFeint or Plus+ integration in a future version plus maybe the option to design and upload levels.

Yeeaaah No. It already has the social integration.
04-08-2010, 04:15 AM
I've only played the free so far, and it's a really neat little puzzle game. The thing I really like about it is that it's a genuine puzzle game which you solve by figuring things out rather than just flopping about trying different things. Simple mechanics combine to produce a complex and original whole. The interface is a little clumsy, and it could look better, but these are minor gripes.

Well worth a download if you're looking for something cerebral.

Mind you, I think I'm going to wait until I have a little more free time before upgrading to the paid version - it's a little too adictive.

Alien Swing is available from the App Store now!
Follow my development blog at Mr Jack Games