★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Wishlist: Rollercoaster Tycoon

04-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Wishlist: Rollercoaster Tycoon

Would be the perfect Ipad game. And appeals to the masses.
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I would absolutely love RCT 1/2 on the iPad. There are several users over at MacRumors who support the idea as well.
Think about the amount of income Chris Sawyer could rake in from it. $15, maybe even $20 would be fair, in my opinion.

The only problem, though, is contacting him. Nowhere on his site is a good way to contact him. He's buffered by a sort of talent agency, whom I suspect wouldn't make it very easy to contact the master himself. If anyone's willing to try, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. We really need to show our support for this game. Another user on MacRumors and I were contemplating a petition. Not a petition to try to force it, just a good way to show the support for the game.
I dunno, just an idea.

Check his site: http://www.chrissawyergames.com

04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I emailed the people who represent Sawyer, and they basically said they can't say anything but that it would be dumb to let such a big franchise sit idle. But that could mean anything - PC/console/Ipad. I imagine Atari would announce something at E3 if it is in the works.
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
RCT1/2? What about RCT3 (the best in the series)?

Forget the actual game. They should have a RCT3 editor with tool kit packs so we can make those really wicked, themed coasters that are on Youtube. RCT2 was fun, but I never spent as many hours on that game as I did playing with track designing on RCT3. Many would disagree with a water-downed, partial version of a game, but COD zombies did not include the game's original campaign and is still a huge success. Bring map editor capabilities and i'll pay $20 for it. Aircoaster Pro is great for designing tracks, but the disneyland styled themes in the Rollercoaster Tycoon series are beyond priceless. Maybe the community's interest in ipad\iphone versions of this classic will create enough momentum to finally invest in a pc version of RCT4, which i have been patiently waiting for since 2007.
04-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Never thought of that --RCT2 would be ridiculously perfect on iPad. I wouldn't mind RCT3 but that's even far from happening.. I've created some themed coasters (and many theme packs) for the PC version way back when....
04-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Wait, JCat? Aka Pumper? From Atari?

TheClaff, Atari almost certainly wouldn't have anything to do with the game. Chris Sawyer and Atari got in a legal dispute a few years ago over the rights to the game. Because of the crap that went on with RCT3, Chris has a very f*** it attitude towards the series now. But considering RCT2 would just be a port over to the iPad, it would require practically no effort on Chris Sawyer's part.
The way I see it, he would only need to release the rights to a porting company such as Aspyr and allow them to program it for the iPad. However, it may not be that simple. But from my point of view, it seems simple.
04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I second this, lost way too much of my life from it.

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.
04-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Why not iPhone/iPod as well? The screen is smaller, but with a good zoom/pan/menu system it would still work. Ever since I got my iPhone I wished I had Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on it in some form or another.

GameLoft Live / openfeint / plus+: deiden26
04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
That would be fantastic as well. The way I'm thinking, though, is we're already pushing it asking Chris Sawyer to even rekindle the series. Porting RCT2 straight to iPad wouldn't require any real redesign of the game. The resolution is the same. With iPhone/Touch, some reworking would be required.
That being said, I would love to see that. It's not out of the realm of possibility, either.
04-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChase View Post
Wait, JCat? Aka Pumper? From Atari?

Yeah, that's me. lol

The coaster community is a small world sometimes You have an iPad? Your name sounds familiar from the Atari forums - those were the good ol' days (but time consuming as all hell).