★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MTV Networks
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Download Intellivision and prepare to be transported back to the dawn of the video game era! Astrosmash, Night Stalker, Thunder Castle all classics of early console gaming and now available for the first time on iPhone!

VH1 Classic has brought back six of the original Intellivision games. These classic games show what the early days of gaming were all about: Great game-play, fun graphics and awesome, retro sounds. Youll be addicted after the first play!

And, the new versions add a couple wrinkles that wouldve totally blown minds back in 1981:

Head to head play over Bluetooth AND WiFi. You can challenge your friends to play the games and test your retro gaming skills!
Accelerometer controls, so you can control the games in a whole new way.

VH1 Classic Presents: Intellivision is free to download and comes with the best-known Intellivision classic game: Astrosmash. Each additional game is $0.99 to download and can be downloaded from within the app.

Step into the video game time machine and be transported to a simpler time!

Available games:
* Astrosmash (free with download)
* Skiing
* Chip Shot Golf
* Thin Ice
* Thunder Castle
* Night Stalker
04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Ummm YES PLEASE! Downloading!

04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Thoughts: Controls make this 10% playable unless you have a third hand. The fire button is on the bottom really tiny. And you really can't press it when your moving left and right. Very horrible controls. The accelerometer works better but I'm not a fan.

Decent for free I guess. But I'm not buying any other games.
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Not in Canada.

Sigh.
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I may download it in hopes that they do Slam Dunk Basketball at some point. I can't tell you how many games of that I played as a kid.
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I would like to see Space Armada, Blackjack, Advanced D&D, Lock N Chase
Demon Attack, NFL Football, Baseball.
04-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Not much discussion about this here surprisingly, given there are a lot of us retro nuts here.

I downloaded it and tried it. I have a huge problem with the controls: They stink to high heaven. Piss-poor response, really poor implementation of joypad-anywhere. I really hope they fix this because it's damn near unplayable in its current state.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Not much discussion about this here surprisingly, given there are a lot of us retro nuts here.

I downloaded it and tried it. I have a huge problem with the controls: They stink to high heaven. Piss-poor response, really poor implementation of joypad-anywhere. I really hope they fix this because it's damn near unplayable in its current state.
Totally agree. Tried to play astrosmash and the controls were horrible.
04-10-2010, 02:25 PM
The iPhone/Touch version is now in the Canadian store, known as MTV Presents: Intellivision. I imagine it is otherwise virtually identical to the VH1 release.
04-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Horrible, horrible app. Not even playable because it keeps switching in and out of fullscreen version.