★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Theme Park Madness

02-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Theme Park Madness

I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything about Theme Park Madness

It looks like some kind of Rollercoaster Tycoon thingie.

It has been out for some time now. Has anyone tried it?
02-13-2009, 05:52 AM
I saw it when it came out. It looks very similar to Roller Coaster Rush [Jay Is Games link]. Roller Coaster Rush was fun in short bursts, but wasn't really fulfilling enough for me.

The problem I have is that there are only 12 coasters, with 6 more promised. Maybe if I saw a video it would change my mind, but I'm skeptical at this point.

caved in and got Twitter
02-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I Am waiting for some reviews to see what it gets.
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
It Sucks...

Yeah, i tried it. What a waste.

Horrible graphics, no way to see high scores, every coaster is basically the same, and should use accelerometer instead of pushing left or right side of screen.

I love roller coasters, but this didn't stay on my i-phone for more than 5 minutes. Wait until it's free. It's seriously that bad...
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM

I have this game and it is pretty good! The graphics are simple but good and yes every track might seem the same but it is fun to play. With a few updates( Which are coming ) this game will get better. I think it was a good purchase! Yes the game might be simple to complete and have no story line but simple things like Highscores, Track editors and sounds will make it better. I would recommend it to everyone who likes a fun little game!!
02-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I thought it was pretty good. 12 coasters may be a little slim at first, but it's a fun little game and provided some good enjoyment. In five minutes, there's no way you could have played through the whole game anyway.

Accelerometer would have been cool, but then it might have been too easy to land and get rid of the fun of crashing.

Here's hoping they stay good on their word for the updates.

I'd recommend it though; definitely worth the money, especially because they could do a lot of good things with the title.

EDIT: McGill, how could you say they are horrible graphics, btw? It might be a bit pixelated, but the cities look SWEET! I've been to Toronto, Washington, and London in real life, and the landmarks really do look pretty incredible. They obviously put the thought into the little details. Great production values on this one.

Last edited by cxx; 02-14-2009 at 07:00 PM.