★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bugdom 2 only $1.99

10-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to rockchalk22
Bugdom 2 only $1.99

Bugdom 2 is only 2 dollars now, I don't own it but I was wondering if it is worth the 2 dollars. I have heard good and bad things about it, let me know what you think
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Well I gave up playing it a long time ago. Controls for me were very awkward, and levels were getting that big they were taking close to 30 minutes to finish- with no save option through a level it became a joke. I don't recommend the game at all, even with it's fancy graphics, sound, and presentation.

10-10-2008, 11:05 AM
If it had auto-save I' recommend it. As it is, it's too frustrating if you get a call or even just have something to do. Auto-save would make it a good game though.
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I really want to like this game, but like wastedyuthe I stopped playing it because the save system sucks. I'm still on the first level because they're simply too lengthy, with no sort of checkpoints or anything.

when you're trudging you're way through a 20+ minute level, then get a phone call and have to start over. you'll know what I mean...
you just stop playing after so long...

though to get that much gameplay out of a 2$ game is pretty impressive,
the whole thing just needs to be tightened up a bit.

I think it's a great start, and that they should be able to fix some of it's shortcomings with updates.

-save issue
-controls could be better

but I'll at least give em credit for bringing the first real 3d adventure game to the iphone. we'll never know how well things work until somebody tries.
The price is right, and as much as I loved enigmo, I was willing to try it out.
(though I probably wouldn't try billy frontier if they paid me! well....maybe )
10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I wish Pangea would stop with the ports already and make some new, specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch games. I think they could make something pretty cool if they put their mind to it.
10-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I wish Pangea would stop with the ports already and make some new, specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch games. I think they could make something pretty cool if they put their mind to it.
Yeah, actually, that's exactly what they're doing. Of course, it takes longer to make something new than to make a port.

--Eric
10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I actually enjoy playing this game. Some levels take more than 30 mins to beat, which is what i want in a game. The controls are a little off and some might get motion sickness from Mr. McFly running around getting chased by a garden knome but it's still pretty damn good. Also, if you hate bugs, you might not want to get this game: it gets pretty graphic (Fido level anyone?).
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk22 View Post
Bugdom 2 is only 2 dollars now, I don't own it but I was wondering if it is worth the 2 dollars. I have heard good and bad things about it, let me know what you think
That depends on whether you feel like wrestling with the game's controls and rotten save/continue system. The game's production values are excellent--worth well more than $2--but I think that the game itself is pretty frustrating.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/bugdom-2-review

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
10-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Steve View Post
That depends on whether you feel like wrestling with the game's controls and rotten save/continue system. The game's production values are excellent--worth well more than $2--but I think that the game itself is pretty frustrating.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/bugdom-2-review
I think that pretty much sums it up well from my perspective. Has good graphics for the Touch, but the save system is beyond frustrating as are the controls. But it's one of those where you can feel the potential, it just doesn't live up to it (which in a way makes it even more frustrating)
10-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Some levels take more than 30 mins to beat, which is what i want in a game.
Don't get me wrong- I like the fact that the levels are so big, and welcome it. It's the fact you can't save where ever you are in the level I don't like. Sometimes I haven't got time to play for half an hour.
Also I think I mentioned this before in another thread- the last time I played this game I was on the toy room level and was playing it for half an hour before getting stuck right at the end (I couldn't find a jigsaw piece I needed). I really wanted to turn it off and carry on another time, but I knew coming out of the game would mean starting all I've again. It was then when I decided enough was enough and I removed it from my Touch (and it hasn't been on since).