★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ashraf Khan
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Now just 99 cents!

Available on all iPhone and iPod touch devices!

In the not-too-distant future...BOOM, BAM, SHAZAM! Earth is gone, but you are not! You are forced into life as a mercenary, fighting for your life against your enemies. Dodge enemy bullets in your ship and destroy them as fast as possible. Let's see how long you can last.

FEATURES:

- Killer soundtrack
- Stunning graphics
- Three powerful abilities
- Natural control scheme
- Boss fights
- Online ranking
- Power-ups to increase ship strength
- Customizable ships with up to thirty options
- Auto pause

and much more...

COMING SOON:

- Multi-player capture the flag and slayer battles.
- More single player games
- Additional ships and bosses

Scroll to the bottom and click the reviews button to leave us a review!

ataloss's comments:
Dual stick fun, anyone?

Lite also available: HERE
04-08-2010, 05:04 AM
anybody tofft? doesn't look that great from the screenshots.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

04-08-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
anybody tofft? doesn't look that great from the screenshots.
YAY.. my first TOFFT - but I can't post any feedback until later.. about 6 hours from now if you are all patient. What I can say is that is don't go by screenshots alone - it's actually quite well presented. The nearest comparison I can make right now is Meteor Blitz as there's a lot of quality in the animations, the way the asteroids rotate, the particle effects from explosions, the ship is very responsive.

What's missing is more modes - there's just one and this may be a problem for some people - right now it seems like waves. But, from the App description, there will be more coming - lets hope so!

I'll post more laters... time to terrorize a few people.
04-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Just tried the lite. Graphically the game looks awesome! I especially liked the character ships blaster fire effect and explosions. The movement is quite precise as well. I hope that this is only the lite version's problem but when I played the first time I got no sound. I'll try again after this post. The game is pretty much a sandbox survival shooter but there is an endless potential for a multitude of modes and even a story. Overall I like it. I'll keep an eye on this game and if extra content comes as promised, I'll pick it up.

Edit: I definitely don't get any kind of sound during the game. Only when I am in the main menu.

Last edited by eugekava; 04-08-2010 at 06:47 AM.
04-08-2010, 07:41 AM
The sound issue may be a result of a bad download. I've had that issue with several games, including Zenonia 2. I deleted and re-downloaded-problem solved.
04-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Just played the lite version, not great.. Disappointing as I love dual stick space shooters... Will stick with Meteor Blitz and Abstract War 2.0 for now... Drop the price to 59pence and I might take notice ... Otherwise, definately not worth the money ...

Edit: I just noticed that you can buy Meteor Blitz AND abstract war 2.0 and together they cost less than 'Earth is Gone'. If I were you I would wait for the inevitable price drop !!

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey

Last edited by UncleLimey; 04-08-2010 at 08:55 AM.
04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
I paid the cash for the full before checking out the lite version due to the fact I'm a whore for space shooters. Love it except I too have no sound during gameplay. Very sad that I paid this kinda money for an unfinished product. Other then that game has potential but it's the little things like this that drive me insane. Deleted and redownloading though I doubt that to be the issue.

Edit: after redownloading just as I thought, no sound...
Amazed by this kinda crap seriously. Just a thought, but every game I've ever downloaded that I've had issues with are produced by European developers.. Why is this?

Last edited by Natron; 04-08-2010 at 11:11 AM.
04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Dual stick?

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
Dual stick?
hah... clearly striking a chord there...

Okay.

To confirm with others here, there IS sound for the menus which does seem polished but there is none in-game. As it stands, it doesn't support any kind iPod playlist, so if you're playing music before the games starts then it'll cut out once the game begins. Not sure if this is intended, accidental, or one of the things that the developer is going to update in a forthcoming release.

As it stands, there is only one gameplay mode - basically a survival mode and during the game, you'll be battling it out with ever more destruction-orientated enemies, followed by a boss to overcome. Here, it's a bit cool... you'll see the boss come into the arena (yes, it is within a confined space) but what will happen is that the boss will fly over the arena and so you'll know it's coming, and then, a few moments later, it will be after you. Don't get lulled into a false sense of security because after two or three levels, you'll begin to release that this is not a game for casual player and practice really will pay off.

After defeating all the enemies within the confined space, you'll be whisked off to a new area to repeat it all over again. Luckily, as far as I have played, there is a wide range of them to overcome.
In the arena, there are red arrows indicating where an enemy is lying and, additionally, there is a mini-radar in the top-left hand corner that gives you a more comprehensive overview of what's around you. But, only enemies, not the asteroids which, while thankfully destructible, do increase in density after a while.

It has an online leaderboard but it's not OF, PLUS, Crystal et al... it's a homegrown version that does its job well. When viewing the main menu, you'll be presented with your current position, score wise, position wise, etc... and there's a button on the right side that gives you a view of all the scores. Again, think Meteor Blitz here, but, while playing, you are not given your current ranking - that's only viewable from the main menu.

Also accessible from the main menu is a help screen, giving an overview of the controls (more on that later), and, surprisingly, a feedback button (which I WILL be using later) that should send comments back to the company.

Now, playing the game. It's here that I get the feeling that multiplayer, and all the other options the developer saying, is coming. Reason being you get to choose your name, ship colour and ship type. Now, I don't think the ships have different abilities so the only reason I can think that this is available is for those multiplayer games. Seriously, if that does come online, then this WILL be a game to have because the next step is...

...gameplay.

Love it, not "to-die-for" love, but it works, and works well. It is very much in the same vain of Meteor Blitz, I try not to make comparisons but here, if you've played MB, then you'll begin to notice parallels almost immediately - you're even given an on-screen indication of where the next crop of aliens are going to come from. The on-screen animation is smooth and I've not had any framerate drops during play which can get pretty frantic. But, I'm on a 3GS, so I can't state for any other models. I may get a chance to try my fiancees iPod 2G later to see if there's a difference. The controls are responsive and tight, no lag in turning or dodging enemies or other obstacles that you'll face. But, there's NO other control options yet which is a massive pity and one the developer has to work on. For this type of game where people can play with a passion, some control customization is essential.

At the bottom of the screen are three buttons; EMP shockwave, Self Heal and Time Bomb. Pressing the EMP will stun all nearby enemies for a few moments, self heal - um self explanatory , and time bomb - still working that one out... anyone?

Two bars either side of the ship, which always remains central to the screen, indicate health and and charge meter. The charge meter fills up over time and when full, allows you to shoot out a continuous laser stream that is considerably more destructive. I think shooting more enemies recharges that bar more.

Powerups - well, still figuring those out - there seems to be MANY of them, so far I've come up against a few normal ones such a very tough shield and different firing patterns - and some more unusual and quite cool additions such as a ship (drone?) that comes and basically protects your ass by shooting at ships that are behind you - there's no control over where it shoots but it certainly has helped. There are others but I've not had any time to discover them.

So... worth it?

Um... it depends on your point of view. There are certainly some glaring omissions that will turn of those who give it a casual look. But, to be honest, I think it's brimming with potential and now my only concern is the developer drops it quickly. It's on the pricey side for what it is, but, if multiplayer is implemented, and it's as smooth as the general gameplay, it really could be a game to have.

I'm going to send a copy of this to the developer and hope that they make an appearance here.

Hope this helps all of those out there contemplating a purchase, and of course, there's a lite to try first.

04-08-2010, 12:21 PM
i love dual stick shooters but this one just doesn't look appealing. maybe ill try after a few more reviews trickle through

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.