★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sumo Feeder!

04-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Sumo Feeder!

Hi all!

My name is Sebastian Tobler and I'd like to introduce both myself and the game I'm creating at the moment, together with a friend and co-student.

Sumo Feeder is a small, easy to learn (yet, hopefully, hard to master) arcade/puzzle game for the iPhone that is in development at the moment. Me and Jonas Widmer, both students at the University of the Arts in Zurich, are developing the game in our spare time using Unity3D.
The goal is to feed the three sumo's with as many cakes as possible - but the player has to pay attention that no one of them gets overeaten or hungry, because then they leave the room - and you lose the game. Luckily, there are different kind of cakes, some even with minus-calories, and also some drinks with special effects.

The game also features a local and online highscore, which have shown to make the game pretty much addicting.

After having finished most of the basic programming and visuals, we're now tweaking the game while waiting for the sound files so we'll be able to create a trailer for Sumo Feeder.

Some Screenshots:

Development blog, additional screenshots and info can be found here: www.sumofeeder.com

And now it's your part: We highly appreciate comments, suggestions and criticism - that's why we post here, as a small, not even indie-devteam. Looking forward to hear your opinion!
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Sebastian, this looks amazing fun! Can't wait.
11-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Well, I don't like vaporware, especially if it's my own - that's why I came back to Sumo Feeder (and iOS development in general - as you may notice, I started this over half a year ago) and took some time to finish the game, even though I doubt that now, in the time of the reign of angry birds, it's going to be a huge success

Nevertheless, the game is finished - there hasn't been much change on the surface compared to what's been posted here 7 months ago, but a lot of tweaking behind the curtains.

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sumo-feeder/id401705859

... or should I open a thread in "iPhone and iPod Touch Games" for this kind of stuff? Oh well..