★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Card Shark Solitaire FREE - ipad

04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Card Shark Solitaire - best. bug. ever.

Feeling light in the wallet after shelling out $500+ for an iPad?

An ipad-native full featured version of Klondike Draw 3 is available in the AppStore, 100% free!

I've submitted (this morning) a 1.1 update to address the few glitches that have been identified, but in the meantime please note that the existing 1.0 has an interesting bug. If you win Klondike, exit the game while it is displaying fireworks, then relaunch, you will find yourself with backdoor access to the full list of 36 games from Card Shark Collection Deluxe including not just additional solitaire variants but Hearts, Rummy, Crazy Eights, etc. Anyone interested in exploiting this glitch should grab the game immediately, as Apple's been approving updates very quickly as of late.

Last edited by Stroffolino; 04-08-2010 at 11:57 AM.
04-08-2010, 12:01 PM
So I did the above thing, and now appear to be stuck with some other version of solitaire. How do I get back to the choices again?

Cool game though.

Bryan

04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I'll honest with you. The game is not looking (graphicly speaking) as good as other solitaire games. The graphics are good for the iPhone but not for the bigger screen. Even the buttons look deformed.

I hope you find time to polish Card Shark because it has the best set of features.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekNextDoor View Post
So I did the above thing, and now appear to be stuck with some other version of solitaire. How do I get back to the choices again?

Cool game though.

Bryan
to get back to Klondike after exploiting this bug, you need to win the new game or delete the app from your device and resync.

On related note, update to full version (universal app) is just about done, with tons of new ipad cosmetic and usability changes applied, including beautiful new ui, new high res ipad specific backgrounds, and ability to use custom backdrops/card backs from your photo library.
04-08-2010, 02:22 PM
"...with tons of new ipad cosmetic and usability changes applied..."

Great news! Preview, please?

04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Card Shark 5.0 universal build was submitted last night. If Apple approval doesn't happen by tonight, I'll post a teaser screenshot or two here. I'm totally exhausted. There's always room for improvement, but I spent almost the entire weekend exclusively massaging the 5.0 Card Shark update, and am pretty happy with how it shaped up. I must say, I'm personally surprised how fun it is using custom backgrounds and card backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
"...with tons of new ipad cosmetic and usability changes applied..."

Great news! Preview, please?
04-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
Card Shark 5.0 universal build was submitted last night. If Apple approval doesn't happen by tonight, I'll post a teaser screenshot or two here. I'm totally exhausted. There's always room for improvement, but I spent almost the entire weekend exclusively massaging the 5.0 Card Shark update, and am pretty happy with how it shaped up. I must say, I'm personally surprised how fun it is using custom backgrounds and card backs.
Congratulations for the submission and let me say thank you for even make it an universal app though I’m glad to pay an extra to support developers like you.

04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
I am anxiously awaiting this one. I have thought that Card Shark on the iPhone was the best graphical representation of solitaire on the platform. I think that you also have the most games...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Card Shark 5.0 universal build was submitted last night.
That's great news. Did you happen to add win/loss statistics to Rummy 500? Any new games?
04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes to the Rummy question. Here's the "What's New" from itunes connect:

"This update includes support for seven new games: Old Maid, Go Fish, War, Thieves of Egypt, Josephine, Red and Black, and SeaTowers. Other changes include fixes for statistics and audio, misc bugfixes (Euchre), the ability to use your photo library for custom game backgrounds and card backs, and last but not least, native iPad support."

Of the new batch of games, "Go Fish"is my personal favorite. You have to pay close attention to have any chance of beating the 3 computer opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
That's great news. Did you happen to add win/loss statistics to Rummy 500? Any new games?