Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Reviving this thread because I'm interested in what people now think are the best in this genre (mainly I'd like to slap a TBS that I may have missed on my device) since it's been a year and a half since the thread was opened.

Reading the Call of Cthulhu thread has me craving one, but waiting on that with all the control complaints (have an iPod Touch 2G).
Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
mainly I'd like to slap a TBS that I may have missed on my device
I doubt that there is much new stuff that would run on 2G. We are being left in the dust of history . But did you try Knighturn? It is a great little SRPG, with addictive gameplay mechanics, good writing and somewhat retro graphics. Criminally overlooked, IMHO.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:19 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
I doubt that there is much new stuff that would run on 2G. We are being left in the dust of history . But did you try Knighturn? It is a great little SRPG, with addictive gameplay mechanics, good writing and somewhat retro graphics. Criminally overlooked, IMHO.
I did try Knighturn. The gameplay seems decent, but I just find the interface weak. It doesn't use my iPad screen real estate well, there are lots of times where you have to tap to select and tap again to confirm, or go through menus. I could take the same game and make a more touch- and tablet-oriented interface that would make a vastly better game. Even leaving the resolution of the artwork aside.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Imperium Galactica II, an old PC space RTS was just released yesterday. Definitely recommend for RTS fans. Land/Space battles. Diplomacy. Spying. Technology. Design your own ships and tanks. I am pretty excited this got released.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 PM

I just looked up when Imperium Galactica II released on the PC... I remember wanting that game when it first game out and I can't believe it's been that long ago already. I'll have to finally pick it up now!

For a TBS, I really liked playing Great Little War game.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Imperium Galactica II, an old PC space RTS was just released yesterday. Definitely recommend for RTS fans. Land/Space battles. Diplomacy. Spying. Technology. Design your own ships and tanks. I am pretty excited this got released.
I just looked up Imperium Galactica II, and wow, it looks amazing. Thanks for posting about it. It looks awesome.

Also, has anyone tried out Battle Academy? It looks good, want to be sure because of its high price.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

These are the new ones I have(or not mentioned) -

Turn Based

Battleloot Adventures
Raven Mark
Greed Corp
Shining Force
Finger shot Rpg ( highly recommended)
Tactical Warrior
Crimson Steam Pirates
Rune Raiders
FFT
Crystal Defenders/vanguard storm

Real Time :

Knights RTS
Moder Conflict and 2
Battleheart
Raid Leader
Buccaneer Blitz
Hills and Rivers Remain
Ascendancy

Non traditional Rts

Axe in face
Flaming igloo

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 03-31-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 03:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
+1 the Mangobile TBS games are amazing; it is a a mystery to me why people are not all over Knighturn and Sword & Earrings (Sw&Ear).
Old 03-31-2012, 04:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I found my old manual to Imperium Galactica II and, yeah, realized the game is from 2000! I can't believe it's been that long.

Also, "Land, Air, Sea, Warfare" is currently on sale. One of the better iOS RTS games. $4.99 for the HD version.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Would hunters 2 [or hunters 1 for that matter] be included here I believe it to be a TBS, and I have quite enjoyed it, albeit the campaign itself felt short, but there is enough to do with daily "contracts" - missions, not necessarily tied to the story. And Its nice to customize your "hunters" with various guns, armor, skill sets and to level em up.

I only just got into these in the IPAD arena [played a few on consoles] so I don't really have much else in mind, besides FF tactics.