★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** ABOUT ORION RACER ***

Orion Racer is a futuristic 3D racing game featuring hyper-paced, exhilarating action on 10 unique tracks in outer space. Loops, powerslides, and speeds of over 700MPH make Orion Racer one of the most adrenaline-pumping games for the iPhone!

*** FEATURES ***

- 10 insane racetracks in three different outer space locations
- Intense drifting through wicked corners and spirals
- Four unique futuristic vehicles
- Four modes of gameplay (Tournament, Single Race, Time Trial, 2 Player)
- View race replays in any mode
- Online rankings for best Time Trial lap time
- View replays of the Top 25 best online Time Trial laps
- High-resolution environment & vehicle textures
- Unlockable vehicle and track
- High-energy music
- Fully customizable controls
- Adjustable AI difficulty

*** GAME MODES ***

Orion Racer features four modes of gameplay. You can race against a friend over Bluetooth, go for gold in the tournament, or shoot for the best lap time online, the choice is yours!

Go on a tour across the universe while competing in 10 challenging races! Winning the tournament unlocks the fastest car in the galaxy, the F97 Orion. The final track from the tournament can also be unlocked by finishing in 3rd place overall or higher.

Compete for the best overall lap times online! Make it into the Top 50 and your name and time will be recorded. If you're good enough to get into the Top 25 your lap replay will be available for all to see!

Play against a friend wirelessly over Bluetooth with iPhone 3G/2nd generation iPod Touch or higher. Make winning even sweeter by viewing a full replay of your victory!

Race against 3 AI-controlled opponents on the track of your choice. This mode is great for getting in some practice for the more difficult races in the Tournament.

*** OPTIONS ***

Orion Racer gives you the ability to fully customize the way you play. Adjust the difficulty, steering sensitivity, throttle/brake position and more.

Adjust how challenging the AI opponents are in Tournament and Single Race modes.

Select whether you want to press the screen to accelerate or to brake, and whether the touch area is on the right or left side of the screen.

Control the amount by which you have to move the iPhone/iPod in order to turn.

Adjust the volume of the sound effects & music separately.

*** NOTES ***

Remember to try playing the game with all of the vehicles! Each vehicle has different handling characteristics, giving them all a very unique feel!

*** SUPPORT ***

If you have any suggestions or encounter any problems with the game please don't hesitate to contact us! We value your feedback and will make every effort to correct any issues with Orion Racer. Afterall, we're gamers too! :)

Contact us by email at support@techlogica.us, or by visiting the Orion Racer website at http://games.techlogica.us/orion/

You can also follow us on Twitter (Orion_Racer) or become a fan on Facebook (search Orion Racer)!

freedog's comments:

04-08-2010, 07:46 PM
This looks cool! I might have to try it! I'm all over racing games.

04-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
I love the look of the tracks and it looks nicely polished, but I don't know...

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
04-08-2010, 07:51 PM
yeah, I'd like some video for this one or to try a lite first mostly because its this dev's first and only game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Reminds me of a laserdisc game I had for the Pioneer Laseractive 16 or 17 years ago. Forgot the name but it was fun, and if this is anything like it I'll buy... I may toftt if nobody else takes the plunge...
04-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah, would really like a video of game play.
04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
toftted. Really smooth and fast. Have only played one track but it looks really good. Controlling the car around corners is hard. Really reminds me of wipeout so I think the controls will be fine after some practice.

Looks wise, WOW silky smooth. Will have to play somemore and give some more in depth impressions. Worth the 3 bucks!
04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone! This is Andy Haugh from Techlogica (Orion Racer developer)

Regarding a video preview, yeah, I really wish we had that ready right now but it isn't available yet. We hope to have that out soon.

pcgeek73, thanks for your review! We tried to make it as smooth as possible since this game is all about speed. We will also be the first to admit that the game does take some practice to get good, but we hope the reward is worth it... sliding around corners at 500mph can be pretty cool once you get the hang of it..

Also, to those of you who try the game, please remember to try racing with each car, they all handle *very* differently! We feel the L400 and N55 will be the best choices for people new to the game. The RS1 can be a bit difficult to control, but if you're good enough you can whiz by everyone else in the corners. The F97 is extremely fast in the straights, but suffers from quite a bit of "oversteer" around the corners!

BTW, we are already preparing a new version which fixes the only known bug at this time, so look for that soon!!

Here are a few additional screenshots not shown in iTunes:

To all of those who have tried the game -- thank you! We will do our best to support this game and fix any issues that may be discovered as soon as possible.
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
welcome to TA Andy. Looks like a fun game. Can we expect a gameplay video anytime soon?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks! BTW I sure would appreciate that typo to be fixed in the thread title "Futuristic" please...

If anyone has any questions about the game I'd be happy to answer them.