★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Legends Help Desk

04-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Pocket Legends Help Desk

This thread is intended to be a go-to source for information about Pocket Legends, the newest popular MMORPG on the app store. You can ask questions, assist other users, or just have a little discussion (but keep non-game related topics out of the forum please).

I actually do need assistance with Pocket Legends and searched the forums (without success), so I figured I'd open up a thread where everyone can benefit.
So... I haven't really played much today but that's because I find it kind of dumb as of right now. I only think that because I'm stuck in the towne with no idea what to do. I'm walking around talking to NPCs that provide no help other than where to apply my points (Strength, agility, etc). I typically like when a game has a tutorial or at least a run-down of all the controls and how to use them properly. I like to get familiarized with what I'm working with before I haul off and jump right onto something. I know how to walk around. I know how to talk to NPCs, I know how to use the in-game chat, I know how to zoom in and out/rotate the camera, and I know how to throw a ball of light at the wall (is it useful for anything and can it be aimed?). I'm a mage or something or other... If that's any help.
If anyone can provide me with tutorial-like instructions or a list of all the things you can do and how to access those abilities, that would be great. All methods of fighting, interaction with the environment, how to obtain gold, changing your avatar's appearance... Anything and everything you can provide would be appreciated! ^_^;
04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Maybe try selecting "Play" or "Quick Play" on the main menu instead "Enter Towne". That might help a lot. =)

Currently playing: Battleheart
Hardware: Black 32GB iPad 2, iPhone 3GS 16GB, Macbook Pro 13", iMac

04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
When I started the game, I started in quick play and that will put you right into a game.

As you pick up new weapons, they will list what stats are needed in order for you to use them. So for me, I put stats into the areas I thought I would need to in order to use the weapons I wanted. My character needs a lot of strength to use weapons, so that is where a lot of my points went.

The best thing to do is just play the game. The bigger the group the more fun and easier it is to play.
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Ok sometimes I can walk around but enemys are invisible and I can't hurt ones I see and the other pc"s don't move. Is that lag or a bad connection?
EDIT: my ping numbers come up to like 67358

Second, how do u talk to npcs?

Last edited by Mondae; 04-08-2010 at 09:38 PM.
04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondae View Post
Second, how do u talk to npcs?
You just "click" on them and they'll start talking to you.
In case you aren't sure what NPCs are, they're Non Player Characters which means they're built into the game and there isn't a person playing it.
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieTheChaoticCupcake View Post
You just "click" on them and they'll start talking to you.
In case you aren't sure what NPCs are, they're Non Player Characters which means they're built into the game and there isn't a person playing it.
I know I trialed WoW and play runescape and many non online RPGs.
04-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondae View Post
I know I trialed WoW and play runescape and many non online RPGs.
Just checking, dear ^_^
04-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I posted this in the Pocket Legends release topic, but seeing as nobody seemed to be able to answer my questions, I'll give it a shot here too.

Okey, after playing this game for nearly 8 hours today, I have a few questions that I just can't seem to find the answer to.

In the description of every skill, it says "Cost (number)."
I assumed that was mana.
Yet when my Warrior had no mana, and vengeful strike and stomp were unable to be used, my Warriors taunt could be used.
The "cost" of taunt is 25, or so it says.
Someone please enlighten me.

Secondly, everyone on my list is just playing Forest Haven, so I decided to try and search for a game with a minimum level of 10.
I press the "minimum level" thing, and a pad with numbers from 0 to 9 come up.
So I type in 10 in the minimum level.
Now how in the name of god am I supposed to press "enter" or "accept" of some sort ?
The ONLY way to get the number pad to go away is to press the BACK option, which literally takes you back to the character screen.
Again, someone please enlighten me.

Also, is there a way to see your enemies level ?

Third, am I missing something ?
I'm level 12, and the only way for me to level is to play the Dark Forest campaign. Now I can't solo it, and looking through nearly 50 games, they all took place in Forest Haven.
Which is why I'm asking, am I missing something ?
Perhaps there is an option to search for another dungeon, and I'm just not seeing it.

Fourth and last, I've gotten all 3 classes to level 12, and I decided to stick with the Archer.
So far I'm pumping every stat into Dex, but I have like a 130% hit chance.
Would it be wise to pump a few points into Strength ?
I know in some MMOs, DEX affects your ranged damage, while strength only afftects your melee damage.
Which is why I'm asking.

All in all though, GREAT game, well worth the wait.

I deleted my Warrior Distinct and my Enchantress Distinctia, I am just enjoying the Archer way too much.
Add DISTINCTHOOD if you'd like to play.
04-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct88 View Post
I posted this in the Pocket Legends release topic, but seeing as nobody seemed to be able to answer my questions, I'll give it a shot here too.

Okey, after playing this game for nearly 8 hours today, I have a few questions that I just can't seem to find the answer to.

I assumed that was mana.
Yet when my Warrior had no mana, and vengeful strike and stomp were unable to be used, my Warriors taunt could be used.

Secondly, everyone on my list is just playing Forest Haven, so I decided to try and search for a game with a minimum level of 10.
Now how in the name of god am I supposed to press "enter" or "accept" of some sort ?
The ONLY way to get the number pad to go away is to press the BACK option, which literally takes you back to the character screen.

I'm level 12, and the only way for me to level is to play the Dark Forest campaign. Now I can't solo it, and looking through nearly 50 games, they all took place in Forest Haven.
Perhaps there is an option to search for another dungeon, and I'm just not seeing it.

Fourth and last, I've gotten all 3 classes to level 12, and I decided to stick with the Archer.
I know in some MMOs, DEX affects your ranged damage, while strength only afftects your melee damage.
Which is why I'm asking.

I deleted my Warrior Distinct and my Enchantress Distinctia, I am just enjoying the Archer way too much.
I have the same problem with the numberpad. From what I know, Strength affects your overall base damage and health, DEX affects your chance of hitting with range and getting critical hits, and INT affects your overall amount of mana and mana regeneration. I also have an Archer, I love to play as Archers There is no way to see your enemies level as far as I know, and I have no idea about the taunt thing, it may be that the other skills were recharging, or that you still had just enough mana to do taunt. Add Astrauk if you'd like to play, I'm up for a game almost anytime

I think I enjoy playing this game way too much lol

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
04-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct88 View Post

I assumed that was mana.

Which is why I'm asking.

A lot of that sounds like bugs that should be fixed when the developer gets enough feedback. It's just been released so let's give it a week so they can get all the kinks worked out ^.^
Other than that, I hope someone can remedy your problem. I still don't know how to play lol!