★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Price 40% off sale!

'The War of Genesis3 Ep1, based on The War of Genesis3 and made by SOFTMAX CO.,LTD. from 1996 to 1999 in Korea

'The War of Genesis3 was a big hit at that time. It consists of four CDs. To as a iPhone and iPod Touch game, the game is divided up by episodes. The first episode (Ep1) is about Sivan Schimitar.

User can lead great wars to victory by using various abilities and items strategically.
04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
It became unavailable about ten minutes after it was released. I should know, I tried downloading it... =/

I hope this actually is released soon, this is a game that I've been waiting to play ever since it came out for the PC, and I seriously had a freak out fit when I saw it on the New Games tab, only to be disappointed when it said that it wasn't available when I tried to download it.

04-08-2010, 09:33 PM
The game does look pretty good (never played it on PC) but that control scheme is really bothering me :/
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, they could've made the controls look not-so-bland. Hopefully there's an alternate control method or possibly there's one in the works.

This is one of those games where sales will dictate whether the other three episodes will be released or not, so hopefully they change some things around in regards to the controls so they don't hurt their sales.
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
It's out! Downloading now, I'll post impressions later if someone doesn't beat me to it.
04-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Wait, this doesn't look like that SRPG I played on PC...

Current: iPhone 6S, new 3DS, Vita
04-08-2010, 10:00 PM
ZOMG! A nice masterpiece! I will try this though i've never hit "war"!
04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I can't in good conscience recommend this game to anyone at all. It's really a shame because the original was so great, but this port is really utter trash.*

The grammar in the translation is horrible, it's barely readable or understandable. There are obvious typos within the first five minutes of the game. Really, it's that hard to run the script through a spell checker at the very least?

The controls are bad, but I suppose that's to be expected from a lazy port of a cell phone port.

The worst part of this game, not to mention the most unforgivable, is the music. In three of the tracks that I've noticed, the music is low and you can seriously hear people talking and laughing in the background. No, it's not ambience. It's seriously like someone recorded the original music through a speaker and then talked throughout the recording.*

Unless the developer seriously takes this thing back to formula and fixes everything that is wrong with it to make it at least a shadow of the awesomeness that is the original game, my one star stays. Avoid this game like the plague.

Last edited by reverse channel; 04-08-2010 at 10:34 PM.
04-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse channel View Post
I can't in good conscience recommend this game to anyone at all. It's really a shame because the original was so great, but this port is really utter trash.*
Just read your entry in the game description on the App Store. I never knew this was a PC game and even still wasn't impressed by what I saw in the screenshots. (I'll assume the PC version looked a lot different.) The control pad looks like they just translated it over from what you would find on very basic touchscreen phones. A friend of mine has an LG Vu and her games (like Diablo for instance) have control schemes that look just like this game's. Needless to say, that type of control setup is bound for failure and just doesn't work adequately.

Game Center: g-b0y_fr3sh OpenFeint: g-b0y_fr3sh
Twitter: h1dd3n_m0nk
04-09-2010, 07:16 AM
are the controls playable? If they fixed the translation and music would the game be worth getting?

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius