• Publisher: CAVE CO.,LTD.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 182.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $7.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.6 (14)
App description: ### Game Overview ###
Now you can play the arcade hit and Xbox360 shooting sensation ESPGALUDA II right at your fingertips on the iPhone and iPod touch!

Dodge and weave through waves of bullets as they fill the screen, go for a high score!

### Praise for ESPGALUDA II ###
Now that it's portable, Espgaluda II is a game that can truly be both casual and hardcore: a fun, satisfying time-killer as well as a high score-focused endurance run for the upper tier player on the go.
- 1UP.com

It is easily the best 2D shooter experience in the App Store.
- TouchArcade.com

It isn't just one of the best games on iPhone - it's one of the best shooters I've ever played.
Few games are this spectacular.
- GamesRadar.com

### Full Version Info ###
TWO GAME MODES
Smartphone Mode features a game system optimized for the iPhone: use the "Awakening Pulse" to touch and destroy bullets! Enjoy Arcade Mode, which is a port of the arcade hit!

Touch to destroy the bullets! Raise your multiplier and destroy enemies for golden point explosions!

BGM UPDATED FOR SMARTPHONE MODE! ORIGINAL BGM FOR ARCADE MODE INCLUDED!

3 UNIQUE CHARACTERS, 3 DIFFICULTIES, CONTROL AND SCREEN SETTINGS
With all of the customization options available at your fingertips, anyone from shooting game beginners to advanced players can enjoy the world of ESPGALUDA II!

THE MOST INTENSE BULLET STORMS ON iPhone
CAVE has maintained the beautiful graphics of the arcade version and brought some of the most dense bullet patterns ever to the palm of your hand.

DODGE FOR YOUR LIFE
Controls adapted for smartphones feature slide controls for comfortable play on your device!

COMPATIBLE WITH GAME CENTER
Internet Rankings and Achievements included for all characters!
*Compete with your friends on Game Center!

All game modes and characters are compatible with online rankings; compete with players all over the world for high scores!

Go for a full achievement list!

### IMPORTANT ### : For those about to purchase this application, please read the below before purchasing.
ESPGALUDA II will only run on iPhone 3GS and 3rd Generation iPod touch and up (iOS 4.3 and up) and iOS4.3 for iPad. Other devices are incompatible.
Since this application uses a significant amount of memory, it is possible that it will crash when device memory is low. If this happens, please consult our Support Page.
Turning the expand/shrink accessibility function "ON" may interfere with in-game play.

### IMPORTANT ### : There are iPhone/iPod touch and iPad2 versions of Espgaluda II.
1. The Full Version, which includes Arcade Mode and Smartphone Mode
2. Smartphone Version, with Smartphone Mode which includes use the new "Awakening Pulse" system
3. Arcade Version, with the same exciting gameplay as the arcade release
4. iPad 2 versions remastered in HD: Full Version, Smartphone Version, Arcade Version
Please take note of the version you want when you buy the game!

### More information about CAVE here!!
CAVE World Official Homepage: http://www.cave-world.com
CAVE World Twitter: http://twitter.com/cave_world
CAVE Official facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CAVECoLtd

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/espgaluda-ii-lite/id368181396?mt=8

Quote:
######################
Important Notice: Please be aware that this application will only run on iPhone 3GS/iPod touch (Late 2009, End 2009 32GB and 64GB models).
Usability of the application may vary depending on the model of iPhone/iPod, so please try before you buy and download our free LITE (DEMO) version to verify that the application will work on your phone.
######################

-=############################=-
Special Commemorative Price for CAVE's First iPhone Game
The Special Commemorative Price lasts from April 10th, 2010 to
April 13th 12:00PM.
-=############################=-

Now you can play the arcade hit and Xbox360 shooting sensation ESPGALUDA II right at your fingertips on iPhone and iPod touch!
Dodge and weave through the waves of bullets as they fill the screen, and go for a high score!

- 3 Levels of Difficulty, Control Settings and Display Options.

- 2 Game Modes: “iPhone MODE” which Features a Scoring System Optimized for the iPhone,
and “ARCADE MODE”, an Adaption of the Arcade Hit.

With all of the customization options available at your fingertips, anyone from shooting game beginners to advanced players can enjoy the world of ESPGALUDA II!

- Bullet Storms just as Intense as the Arcade and Xbox 360 Versions!

CAVE has maintained the beautiful graphics of the arcade version and brought some of the most dense bullet patterns ever to the iPhone/iPod touch. Dodge for your life!

- Controls Adapted to the iPhone

Featuring slide controls for comfortable play on your iPhone/iPod Touch, quick dodges that were difficult even on joysticks can now be performed with just your thumb! Dash and weave through Bullet Hell!

- Compatible with Open Feint! Internet Rankings and Achievements Included!

All game modes and characters are compatible with online rankings; compete with players all over the world for high scores!
By accomplishing certain goals in-game, you will also be rewarded with achievements!
Go for a full achievement list to brag to your friends!
04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japtor View Post
I think I've seen comments elsewhere saying it crashes on 4.0b for them too. I would hope that they're testing their stuff on 4.0 and will fix it (and implementing Game Center and multitasking stuff like app suspend/resume).
The developer confirmed via email that it doesn't work with 4.0.
Quote:
Currently, ESPGALUDA II for iPhone/iPod touch is not compatible with OS 4.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers who are using this OS
and plan to implement a compatibility patch as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
Any word on when the lite is supposed to appear? I dont want to miss on the sale
http://twitter.com/cave_world_en/status/11927297620
You'll probably miss the sale if you wait for the lite.
04-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Does this game run as a 3D or 2D because my batteries are getting draaained.

Playing: [Chaos Rings] [CoD: Zombies] [LASW] [GTA: Chinatown Wars] [CBNK 2] [THPS2] [Cubed Rally Racer]
OF: cifang
Plus+: cifang

04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Any word on when the lite is supposed to appear? I dont want to miss on the sale
Like the guy above said, I'm pretty sure the lite isn't until after the sale is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifuang View Post
Graphics are all 2D, doesn't mean it can't push the hardware to it's fullest. 2D is still complex when you're pushing a whole bunch at once.
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, and this is the kind of thing I would hardly ever say to anyone because of how it might come across, but if you're a fan of vertical shooters, my advice to you is to stop right now and BUY THIS GAME! I really can't imagine you'd be anything less than absolutely THRILLED with your purchase -- especially at the current price.

This game is truly extraordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?

Last edited by K76; 04-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.
04-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K76 View Post
I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, and this is the kind of thing I would hardly ever say to anyone because of how it might come across, but if you're a fan of vertical shooters, my advice to you is to stop right now and BUY THIS GAME! I really can't imagine you'd be anything less than absolutely THRILLED with your purchase -- especially at the current price.

This game is truly extraordinary.
I agree on this account. Don't wait for the lite, just buy the game and enjoy it. It's a tiny amount of money to pay for such an epic game.

Denjin K - Game Center
EraOfDiversion - XBL
@Vallystyle - Twitter
04-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey should I buy the game while it's on sale for my itouch (3rd gen) and just wait for the update?

Beta Tested Games: Fruit Ninja, Push Panic, Monster Mayhem, Warlords: Call to Arms(Co-op), Airborne Troopers, Max Adventure, Pentagon Defence
04-11-2010, 01:22 PM
For those (like me) who still can't get Espgaluda to work on their 3G iPod Touch, even after following the 'alternate' method, i've figured out a way which worked for me:

NOTE: Before following this method, make a backup of the original game in case this doesn't work out for you.

1) Make a copy of "ESPGALUDA II.ipa" file on your desktop.
2) Open iTunes and delete ESPGALUDA II from Apps (Move to recycle bin as well)
3) Rename "ESPGALUDA II.ipa" file (the one on your desktop) to "ESPGALUDA II.zip" and open it in WinRAR.
4) Extract iTunesMetadata.plist and open it in Notepad/Wordpad.
5) Find this:

<key>softwareSupportedDeviceIds</key>
<array>
<integer>9</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
</array>

6) Change it to:

<key>softwareSupportedDeviceIds</key>
<array>
<integer>1</integer>
</array>

7) Save the file, and replace the original one in the zip file.
8) Once replaced, rename the zip file back to "ESPGALUDA II.ipa" and drag it to iTunes.
9) Sync your iPod Touch.

This change basically sets the minimum required device to iPod Touch 1G. Technically (after you've made these changes) the application can sync to every iDevice, but there are reports that the game crashes on devices older than iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G. Hope this helps

Last edited by imadqamar; 04-11-2010 at 01:30 PM.
04-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensheep View Post
Hey should I buy the game while it's on sale for my itouch (3rd gen) and just wait for the update?
Buy it now if you know you want it, because in a few days the price goes to 8.99. You just won't be able to play it yet.
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
This game blows Hotfield out of the water and into low orbit

DEFY THE COSMOS!
04-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifuang View Post
I don't experience a battery drain but damned the iphone get sooo hot after a few levels!!! thank god is not an xbox