★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "Crash Course" - $0.99 limited time promotion

04-09-2010, 09:28 AM
"Crash Course" - $0.99 limited time promotion

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crash-course/id365400714?mt=8#

Gameplay Videos:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:
- 5 action packed levels.
- Swarms of asteroids and hordes of deadly enemies.
- 3 fully upgradeable spectacular weapons.
- Stunning visual effects.
- Online high scores.
- Arcade and unlockable Hardcore modes.
- Customizable graphical details.
- 3D anaglyph glasses support. RED/CYAN, GREEN/MAGENTA (iPhone 3GS highly recommended).
- Full screen post-processing effects (iPhone 3GS highly recommended).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming Soon:
- Casual game mode.
- Normal difficulty mode.
- Animated control sticks.
- Improved High Score system.
- Updated 3D mode.

"iPhone Gets A 3D Game In 'Crash Course'"
by Chris Thomas / AppGamer.net
"Thanks to James Cameron 3D is all the rage right now and it seems some app developers are jumping onto the bandwagon. 'Crash Course' is an Asteroids style game that implements 3D for those that want it."

Customer Reviews:

"Great - ★★★★★"
by Adomostar19
"Great game.... Reminds me of super stardust HD on ps3"

"Innovation - ★★★★★"
by Sark Natron
"This is what gaming on the iPhone should be all about!"

"Nice shooter - ★★★★★"
by harmlessloopy
"Nice twist on the space shoot 'em up! Great graphics too"

"Great game! - ★★★★★"
by Navrain
"It's like old Asteroids on your iPod but with all that awesome graphics and special effects. This game ROCKS!"

04-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Great deal at .99 picked it up!

04-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Cool, I almost bought it the other day. Now there's no reason not to.
04-09-2010, 11:26 AM
This a really good game and it looks great. The only thing I don't really care for is if you lift your fingers off of the screen it pauses the game and it gets really irritating. Other than that it is really a lot of fun and worth the .99 cent sale price.
04-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I just picked this up. I'm hoping the 3D mode works good, cuz I was really disappointed with the 3D mode for ground effect. I really love the way it looks in the videos, so if it's at least that good on my ipod, then I will be very pleased.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgeek73 View Post
This a really good game and it looks great. The only thing I don't really care for is if you lift your fingers off of the screen it pauses the game and it gets really irritating. Other than that it is really a lot of fun and worth the .99 cent sale price.
Most people would call that a feature.
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgeek73 View Post
I think that an auto pause like this for such a frenetic game like this is awesome...I'd love to see that in more games. Too easy to get killed while hunting for a pause button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Probably so. Maybe I just need to keep my fingers on the screen a little better. Just seems a little weird, I'm sure I will get used to it.
04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
I just picked this up. I'm hoping the 3D mode works good, cuz I was really disappointed with the 3D mode for ground effect. I really love the way it looks in the videos, so if it's at least that good on my ipod, then I will be very pleased.
tip: Lets try to change "camera delay" parameters inside "Options/Gameplay" menu (50% -> 100%). Additionally try to change "camera mode" to "crossed" in "Options/3D Mode" menu (some changes to other 3D parameters are needed). You can always restore default parameters if anything goes wrong.
04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
you know how it is... you can please some people all of the time...

Didn't see this one come out, but glad it got posted here. Looks very smooth.