★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mika Mobile
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 19.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Now available for iPad - Zombieville USA HD - now with even more pixels! One of 2009's best selling games has just gotten better, with sharper visuals, redesigned controls, and new features such as friendly survivors and vehicles! It's the definitive Zombie experience on the App Store!

----------------------

When your town is overrun by the walking dead, there's only one thing left to do - go through their pockets and look for loose change! As the lone survivor of a zombie apocalypse, it's up to you to battle legions of the undead in a never ending fight for survival! How long can you hold out? Scrounge for cash and ammunition, and acquire up to 18 varying weapons as your inevitable doom closes in around you...

Zombieville USA combines the timeless appeal of classic arcade games with stunning and hilarious graphics and animation!

FEATURES:
- Defend yourself with 18 different weapons, from shotguns to chainsaw, even rockets, katanas and flamethrowers!

-Deceptively simple gameplay, with more depth than meets the eye. Manage your cash and ammo carefully, or become zombie chow!

-Be amazed by some of the most spectacular graphics and animation ever seen on a mobile device!

-Intuitive touch-screen controls are easy to pick up and play.

-Conveniently auto-saves your progress after each level - play at your own pace!

Check out www.mikamobile.com for videos and details on all of our App Store games!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Hi Def ScreenShots (Click to Enlarge)

04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Not universal? Ugh.

At least they didn't try and charge more.

04-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza View Post
Not universal? Ugh.

At least they didn't try and charge more.
and it's only a 5 mb's bigger than the original, increased file size was used as one of the justifications for not going universal.
04-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
and it's only a 5 mb's bigger than the original, increased file size was used as one of the justifications for not going universal.
Ugh.
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
Wouldn't it have added 19mb more though? Not just the 5mb difference...

That would put them over the 20mb 3G limit, which could limit their sales.
04-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post

yea you are right

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post

Don't know how it would have worked out, but you're probably right. Regardless, I think long run developers are limiting their sales more by not going universal. I'm guessing most people who buy an ipad are big apple fans so they probably already have an iphone and if they are looking to buy games like this they are app fans and already have it. I know as an owner of both devices Im far more likely to buy a game that is universal and support publishers who go that route, I am sure I am not alone. Hopefully, going forward we will see more universal apps with new releases. There is a disturbing trend though of fractured release dates with big releases, I'm guessing when the iphone version comes out they wont be universal(like maybe warpgate and mirrors edge).

Nonetheless, if you don't already have this on the iphone, it is a fun little game.

Last edited by caltab; 04-09-2010 at 08:53 PM.
04-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Yes, the final app would have been over 30mb if we went universal, and would have required users to have OS 3.0+. Considering we still sell over 10,000 copies of Zombieville to iPhone/iPod owners every week, you can understand why we didn't want to jerk around the filesize and OS requirements, potentially causing more harm than good.
04-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMobile View Post
Yes, the final app would have been over 30mb if we went universal, and would have required users to have OS 3.0+. Considering we still sell over 10,000 copies of Zombieville to iPhone/iPod owners every week, you can understand why we didn't want to jerk around the filesize and OS requirements, potentially causing more harm than good.
have you ever thought about adding bluetooth multiplayer so you can survive with a friend

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
if file size is a problem with ipad versions, Apple really should come up with better options for developers to sell their 2 versions besides just universal files(like a smaller upgrade fee). Obviously not Zombieville's fault, but I really hope Apple figures out a better way to deal with the same game on the 2 devices.