★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Difficulty of Slotz Racer

02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Difficulty of Slotz Racer

I was planning on picking this game up since it is on sale, but was worrying about one thing, its difficulty level. I definitely don't want a game that is too challenging. For example, I bought Wipeout Pulse for the PSP and then just never played it because it was just too hard, and I DO NOT like wasting money. Is Slotz too frustrating, or is it easy enough just after a while? So express your opinions of the difficulty of this game.

PS: I took a look at the gameplay on YouTube and it looked like the cars were flying off the track pretty often. (Biggest reason I am worried about the difficulty)
02-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
There are 3 different difficulties (Easy, Normal and Hard) that caters all types of player. The control is relatively easy whereas your job is to press the accelerate button. Just make sure you release the button in the upcoming corner and you'll be fine. Trust me, it's a purchase you won't regret. I had play this game for almost 1 week and I found the Hard difficulty is not that hard.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89

02-14-2009, 12:07 AM
No game is too hard if you work at it.
For SlotZ, as long as you tap the accelerate or release it on sharp turns, you won't fall off. Obviously when you first start you will, but don't get frustrated; that's weak. You'll get it eventually and know when you can accelerate and when you need to let off. For instance, "U" shaped turns probably need some slack on the gas, but straightaways and banked 45 degree spots you can accelerate.
If you're still having trouble, try using the drift car once you unlock it, it has a bit more leeway when turning.
I'm currently doing all of the championships on Hard and am finding them to not be overly difficult.

Soul Theory Crew
02-14-2009, 01:47 AM
when you get used turning properly by deccelerating then youll have an easier time in the races. the later tracks get really crazy though but after playiing on them a couple times i was able to race well on them. i understand how you feel about difficult racing games when i first tried "fastlane street racing" i was overwhelmed by the difficulty but any problems i had with slotz were problems i could overcome. i hope this helps in making your decision
02-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah the game is hard... and also boring. I suggest you save your cash and buy something decent.
02-14-2009, 07:47 AM
The game isn't too hard.
Definetly get it!
02-14-2009, 08:15 AM
The good thing about Slotz is that you can change the settings so you can make it easier or harder. There are settings for how fast the cars go, how much they stick on the track (so you don't fly off so often) and how often the opponent cars can fly off.

I say get it because at the moment it is $0.99 and definitely worth it.

There is also another thread about it here.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
02-14-2009, 09:04 AM
This game is definitely not too hard. I just picked it up last night, since its only $.99 and won my first two races on easy without going off the track once. Then I cranked it up to hard and lost...so I would say that the difficulty is right on track...easy was easy...hard was hard...I would say that it is easily worth $.99.
02-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Just adjust the settings for your car and the computers and it is not that hard on normal
02-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I just got word that the SlotZ 1.1.1 update got approved. Primarily a few bug fixes, the one that saves the Oops factor being most important in terms of difficulty control, but also adds the feature to sync to SlotZ Track Editor (which is going through approval at the moment) and ability to use track links to directly launch tracks from Safari on the iPod/iPhone like this one