★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: REVIEW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW): "Keltis Oracle is a great, light strategic board game for iPad, iPhone".

Keltis Oracle is the visually appealing sequel to the famous Keltis board game (known in the US as Lost Cities)! Between 1 and 4 players on the same iPad can play this exciting new board game from one of the world's leading board game developers, Dr. Reiner Knizia.

In Keltis Oracle, you guide your pieces into a spiral of stones,
collecting rewards on the way, such as wishing stones and
mirrors. Movement is allowed only by creating sequences of specific coloured cards. The stones in the spiral have special effects which enhance the strategical thinking required even further.

Now available as a universal app - run it on both your iPhone and your iPad!

Please note:

* Tap on the icons in the corners to cycle between human and computer players.

* Tap the middle stone to bring up a menu where you can check the rules during a game.

mrbass's comments:

Ok bought this game but is kinda buggy at the moment. With some fixes could be a decent boardgame I think.

In rules it should be written
one mirror multiplies wishing stones by 2
two mirrors multiplies wishing stones by 3
three mirrors multiplies wishing stones by 4

There is one example.

edit: removed comment about crashing as that was older version not 1.2 which is current.

Colored Clover says "may advance any of one of your figures on the path to the next stone of the color indicated by the clover."

It let's me advance my piece like it says but only let's me advance that current piece isn't it any one of my pieces?

edit: Ok I'm pretty sure you mean to say in the rules instead of "may advance any of one of your figures on the path to the next stone of the color indicated by the clover."
change to
"may advance your figure on the clover on the path to the next stone of the color indicated by the clover."

edit: ok just downloaded 1.2 update and fixes two players. Says it added basic computer opponents too just tap till says AI instead of Leprachaun. Hopefully this one is more stable.

Another suggestion is indicator either when only 5 cards or left or 10 cards are left so know when game might end. I was totally blindsided and not sure does it have 110 tablets or how many exactly?

Ok this is Keltis Oracle which is a tad different than Keltis and Lost Cities Boardgame.

Here is closeup of Keltis boardgame which won German BoardGame of the Year in 2008.

Here is screenshot of online implementation of Lost Cities boardgame

hmmm oh well so far I like this one and nice to play on iPad.
04-21-2010, 11:54 AM
What's New in Version 1.3
* Much improved AI - single player games now much more fun!
* The pause screen is now the last stone to avoid tapping it accidentally
* Advanced clover mode allows player to jump with any of their pieces when landing on a clover.
* Miscellaneous small UI fixes: tablets are sorted
The tablets (cards) being sorted now pretty much eliminates confusing with red and brown color at least for me. Still beating the AI pretty good but like playing it with the family a lot still. I need to play more to judge the new AI though. Let's see if they advance Oracle Priestess and do some Leprechaun scoring this time.

04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Nice game. But I am missing different AI Level ...

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Lost Cities is an outstanding board game - I have both the 2 player and 4 player editions.

Keltis looks a little peculiar IMO. Maybe the graphics don't help? Still, upon first glance it looks vastly different than Lost Cities.

Twitter: @bgribin
04-21-2010, 01:24 PM
No only one AI level currently. When it first came out it didn't even have AI levels. Supposedly recent update improved AI. However, honestly you really won't play this all that much with AI except when learning how to play. Mostly though the fun is when playing with two, three or four humanoids. It works great with any number at least I believe so. If you don't plan on playing this game with humans I'd strongly recommend you skip this board game as you won't like it at all.

Similarities to Lost Cities is a little bit in the sense your cards (or tablets as they call them in Keltis Oracle) must be in ascending order but in Keltis can also be in descending order. Also can use the same number if you wish 10,9,9,6,3 for instance.
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I love to see any German style board game make it to the iPad. Unfortunately the color blind issues with tiles and board spaces are driving me crazy.
04-30-2010, 03:42 PM
So how is the AI and does it track any sort of win/loss stats?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Ai is better but like tonight I played my friend twice. We found it a better game with 2 AIs playing as they mint trigger game end ealier and snatch those stones. Also they help out moving the oracle. Last game was scored 47 me, 44 AI, 42 my friend, 37 AI so relatively close. One area AI could improve is leprechaun scoring.