Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned

Just wondering.. any new weapons in the update?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 PM

I say wipe the scores. I really felt that after you get the laser, you've kinda beaten the game. It was really fun and challenging to get everything maxed out, but after that there isn't much to it in the current version. So levels 30-99 are much much easier than 1-30, and it should be the reverse.

Any changes to make the later levels more challenging, I'm all for it. Great game, good luck with the update.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Keep the health paid!!! That way you have to make the choice to refill health or buy a new weapon. Adds strategy. Also add a merchant, like the ones from Castle crashers with funny sayings.

" Hey there stranger, can i get you anything?"
Old 02-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Keep the health paid!!! That way you have to make the choice to refill health or buy a new weapon. Adds strategy.
+1

It also keeps the game going, whereas if there was no more health, you're basically playing to die instead of playing to live!

Alternatively, you could simply make the health more expensive as the levels go on. That way you'd have the option, but it would be *more* of a sacrifice.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Wipe out the records and keep the health paid, don't leave random health power ups in the houses or dropped by zombies. If you need health buy it at the end of each level. Please don't dumb down the game to make it easier, the whole idea is to have a STRATEGY, and if players can't do that to bad.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

if you wanted to make health free, then do it only in the easy mode. No free health in mah reglar mode.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
if you wanted to make health free, then do it only in the easy mode. No free health in mah reglar mode.
I agree. I will be playing on easy mode whenever the update is ready so...lol
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Well, I'm suggesting that it would be free, but finite. Like you could take it whenever you want, but only 5 times (just pulling that number out of the air). So new players won't have to rob themselves of upgrades, and for experienced players it introduces a 'countdown' of sorts that encourages playing carefully at all times. Right now, once you have a certain amount of money, you can just buy the health constantly over and over, which makes taking damage on high levels pretty meaningless as long as you survive each stage with a sliver of health. This change would make taking damage bad at all times, not just when you're poor, and avoiding damage (both at high levels and at early stages) would ultimately determine your high score, not JUST how much gas you've stockpiled :-P.

Making health more and more expensive at high levels is also a way to achieve the same effect. I think the difference would be negligible though.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMobile View Post
Well, I'm suggesting that it would be free, but finite. Like you could take it whenever you want, but only 5 times (just pulling that number out of the air). So new players won't have to rob themselves of upgrades, and for experienced players it introduces a 'countdown' of sorts that encourages playing carefully at all times. Right now, once you have a certain amount of money, you can just buy the health constantly over and over, which makes taking damage on high levels pretty meaningless as long as you survive each stage with a sliver of health. This change would make taking damage bad at all times, not just when you're poor, and avoiding damage (both at high levels and at early stages) would ultimately determine your high score, not JUST how much gas you've stockpiled :-P.

Making health more and more expensive at high levels is also a way to achieve the same effect. I think the difference would be negligible though.
Well Once your at a high level and have all the weapons and upgrade you need. Money isn't needed at all. just for the Heath boxes. If you Increase the price of heath Boxes after each level, that wouldn't make a difference since you'll have a whole bunch of spare money.

I don't want you to take away the unlimited health Box purcheses though. It seems like YOU don't want us to beat the game or reach a really high level.

Maybe make it you can buy the heath boxes after ever two levels?

Just don't limit our health boxes!

A Story mode could replace your new "easy mode"? Having 3 lives so when you die you can continue until all your lives run out?

Also I haven't heard you made a pause menu?... Are you going to make one? You can make it that taping the money area brings up the pause screen.

Love your game by the way. =D

Last edited by iKoda; 02-20-2009 at 10:16 PM..
Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 PM

A pause feature has been requested a lot, and its something I'm planning. If it turns out to be a simple matter, it will be in v1.1 which I'm still aiming to have out the door in the next week or two.

Limited health packs might only make an appearance in 'hard mode', we'll see.