★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Free Towers - complete TD?

02-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Free Towers - complete TD?

Free Towers just came out as a "lite" version of power towers. What's odd is the description says it's complete and ad-free. Anyone want to play spot the difference?

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-14-2009, 12:38 AM
i dont know, but im not even gonna try it.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
02-14-2009, 01:18 AM
I donīt know if there are any difference between them, tried Towers Free and you get to use all towers and stuff. Filesize differs between versions Free is 5,0 mb and Power is 4,9 so it is probably not exactly the same. Different maps? Still didnīt find it any special so wonīt buy Power version.
02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
i dont know, but im not even gonna try it.
Why not? It's not too bad, I liked it better than the Circuit Defender demo.
02-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Free Towers just came out as a "lite" version of power towers. What's odd is the description says it's complete and ad-free. Anyone want to play spot the difference?

Free Towers has four basic tower types (same as field runners?). PowerTowers has nine (?). My latest trick is using bombs late in the game. If you can time the explosion well they can do a lot of damage. No bombs in Free Towers.

PowerTowers also adds four more creep types. Best IMO are viruses. A friend is trying to defend back, giving viruses time to multiply, thus killing more for more money. PowerTowers also has options like game speed control and a bunch of features like terrain (rocky patches and hills).

It's obviously inspired by Desktop Tower Defense. You build a tower-maze path for the creeps, instead of the preset path of most TDs, the tiles are quarter-tower sized (like DTD and unique for iphone?), the artwork is basic, and the gameplay is similar.
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Is the game endless?

I don't see any documentation with the game. Is it endless? If not, how may rounds are there and how can you tell?

Thanks!