★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Which of these would be a better company name?

View Poll Results: Which company name sounds better?
Stag-O-Saurus Studios 9 52.94%
Stag-O-Saurus Productions 0 0%
Stag-O-Saurus Games 4 23.53%
Stag-O-Saurus Entertainment 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Which of these would be a better company name?

I have decided to name my app developement company Stag-O-Saurus but I am unsure of the ending, should it be Stag-O-Sarus Studios, Entertainment, Productions or games. What sounds better an is easier for customers to remember?

Who am I? And if yes, how many?
04-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd say Games or Entertainment.

Count Crunch's Candy Curse
Kreature Krunch
Arcade Jumper

www.blackhivemedia.com
Austin, Tx.

04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I would say use production or studio only if you are going to create things other than games. If you're only going to make games, i would go for "games", personally.
04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Right now I am working on a game but I might want to expand to other catagories

04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
If it's games you are making then Games for sure.

Also you could go for the stagosaur.us domain if it's not already taken, which would be awesome.

Derek van Vliet
Co-Founder
http://getsetgames.com
04-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekvanvliet View Post
If it's games you are making then Games for sure.

Also you could go for the stagosaur.us domain if it's not already taken, which would be awesome.
Yes! its not taken does it matter if i have a .us domain and don't live in the us?

04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I called myself studio, but I'm not making apps...
But, I'd also go for ent. or games...
04-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I like Studio as I think the whole Stag-O-Sarus Studios has a nice ring to it. Also if you ever choose to develop more than games you won't have to change the name...
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee99 View Post
Yes! its not taken does it matter if i have a .us domain and don't live in the us?
If you do business in the US (eg. sell apps in that market), then you can register a .us even if you don't live there.

Derek van Vliet
Co-Founder
http://getsetgames.com
04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I just bought the domain and will resell for $500USD. No, jk. But wachout people do that. But as far as being allowed:

Quote:
A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or
An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories, or
An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States.
http://www.netregister.biz/regoleus.htm

and I say go with studios.