★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: afzainizam zahari
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Be warned: Highly addictive balancing madness!

Take your balancing skills to the ultimate test!
Balance the hamster, avoid obstacles, jump while balancing and more!
(Tilt the device to control)

Each level brings a different kind of challenge. This is no ordinary balancing game!

Dodge the flying toast, avoid the curious cat and don't get stung by the bee!

These are some of the challenges you will face as you balance your way to every level!

***To our fans: Note that the game will be updated and improved based on your valued feedback! Coming soon!***

Follow us on Facebook!
Tell us what you'd like to see in the next coming levels. The craziest ideas are the best!
04-11-2010, 10:35 PM
04-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Hamster Panic is a cute and simple game. In each of the 6 levels you must balance a hamster sitting on top an unstable arrangement of items and accomplish certain goals to unlock the next level. There are items you must catch each level while avoiding other items like toast, cats, and errant leaves. Levels 5 and 6 add an extra challenge because you have to tap to make a hamster jump and catch or toss items while balancing everything.

You have your choice of touch and tilt controls to suit your preference. The touch controls take a little getting used to because they kind of move the platform in the opposite direction...move your finger left and the right side of the platform rises; however, the touch controls allow for some very fine movements which you'll need especially in the last levels.

Stuff I liked:
-very cute graphics
-option of touch or tilt controls

Stuff I didn't like as much:
-the game takes a significant amount of time to load and when you fail a level and must retry it, it takes a really significant amount of time to reload the level
-there's no way to pause a level in progress without just purposefully failing the level to bring up the Retry/Main Menu screen
-when you click "Main Menu" in the retry screen, it doesn't really send you back to the main menu...which is annoying because you don't have access to the Options to change control options or turn on/off the background music
-The High Scores are not really meaningful. They show the percentage of how many nuts you've caught and how many you successfully tossed, but you can't pass either one of these without catching them all so it seems they're always going to be 100%. The other score displayed is how many cereal pieces you've caught, but that doesn't seem as meaningful either because in Level 1 where you catch cereal, the level automatically ends when you've caught a certain quota of cereal.
-The game lacks replay because there are only the 6 levels...if there was an unlockable cereal catching level where you had to catch cereal and each missed piece added weight to the scale...then the level could end when you reached max weight or you caught cereal while dodging cats and toast...

Overall, I did really like Hamster Panic especially the really cute graphics, but the long loading times tested my patience because you are likely going to be replaying levels 5 and 6 a pretty good number of times to pass them. The simplicity of the game does make it a good game for the younger crowd or for someone that wants a really casual game.

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks Devilishly Good, I will make make those recommended improvements in the next update. More levels will also be added. Great suggestions for the cereals!
Till the next update...
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Hamsters make me laugh.

Invaders Must Die.
07-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Thanks for updating guys! If anybody hasn't downloaded this game already and wants a promo code for the version 1.2 update send me a PM! Lots of codes to be given away!
For players who already downloaded this game way back in version 1.0 download the update and try it out.
Don't forget to send comments and suggestions my way!

Thanks and peace!