★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Battle on the Block - First killer App for iPad - Now FREE

04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Battle on the Block - First killer App for iPad

Get your hands on the iPads first Killer Game today!!!

Battle of the Block puts you in the shoes of one of the four neighborhood rivals. Help your group capture the block by recruiting members of all rivals and pitting them against each other!

Battle of the Blockô elevates the game play of Blackjack and the scoring system of tug-of-war to a completely new level. Espada Entertainmentís technical and creative team used high-impact original artwork and functionality to maximize user interaction with iPadís unique technology and surface size. This includes a dynamically generated title screen based on the block rivals, a cinematic high-definition introduction, an original musical score and imaginative artwork. With both single and local multiplayer capability, users are able to play Battle of the Blockô with friends or family members directly across the table from one another.

In the weeks to come, keep up with our updates that include seasonal and alternative theme packs, visual upgrades, new gameplay and features based on user feedback, joker bonuses and additional tie-breakers.

FEATURES
- Single Player and Local Multiplayer
- Gameplay inspired by Blackjack
- Exhilarating scoring system inspired by Tug-of-War
- Dynamically Generated Title Screen based on the block rivals.
- HD Original Art
- HD Introduction Cinematic
- Original Music

www.battleoftheblockgame.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad Layered.png
Views:	17
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	16938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Botb.Screenshot1.png
Views:	20
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	16939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Botb.Screenshot3.png
Views:	11
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	16940  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Botb.Screenshot4.png
Views:	12
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	16941  

Last edited by EspadaInc; 04-22-2010 at 01:15 PM.
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Looks really interesting. Codes aren't valid though.

04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
all 3 codes say not recognized as valid codes
04-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I picked this up yesterday. It's actually really fun, especially with another person. The back and forth nature of it + the tie breakers makes it a fantastic pick up and play game.
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
The Video on your site is great. Interesting art style and animation looks good. not a poker player though. But thought your game looks good.
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks Major..! We are currently adding four new themes ( Pirates, Zombies, Ninjas and Robots) additional tie-breaker minigames are being added as I write this. So hang on tight this will only get better as it evolves.

Thanks for your support... Team Espada

Last edited by EspadaInc; 04-12-2010 at 10:03 PM.
04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyr View Post
I picked this up yesterday. It's actually really fun, especially with another person. The back and forth nature of it + the tie breakers makes it a fantastic pick up and play game.
Johnnyr!! A big Thanks!! You just earned yourself a Promo code for our next release!! it's due out this next week. " SteamPunk Solitaire" Just like in Espada Style.. it's not your Moms Solitaire game.. it Rocks!
Just keep on the lookout for it, I'll lookout for you!

Thanks Again! Team Espada
04-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Looks really interesting. Codes aren't valid though.
Ok.. here are some more Codes... Remember!!! gotta be quick, They are steaming Hot!!
04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
all 3 codes say not recognized as valid codes
Battle of the Block Promo codes!!! Take our gang for a ride and let us know what you think!!

A76WLLL7X6YX
XN9Y7R4HJRYE

Got more on the way!!
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspadaInc View Post
Johnnyr!! A big Thanks!! You just earned yourself a Promo code for our next release!! it's due out this next week. " SteamPunk Solitaire" Just like in Espada Style.. it's not your Moms Solitaire game.. it Rocks!
Just keep on the lookout for it, I'll lookout for you!

Thanks Again! Team Espada
No problem! And no promo code is necessary, I will definitely be buying your next game. I love steampunk! And someone has gotta support the devs!

Last edited by Johnnyr; 04-12-2010 at 10:37 PM.