★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lite games that give you the full experience

04-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Lite games that give you the full experience

Out of the hundreds of games I've owned for my iPhone, I've noticed something about a few of the games: The lite version is pretty much the complete version. The difference? The lite version has ads or limited ability to customize things such as your name or outfit. I'd like to know how many of these games are out there and which ones are your favorites!

Examples:
Adrenaline Pool Online Lite - No custom name and male/female player preference but unlimited pool playing and chat feature is available
Words With Friends FREE - Ads in between moves
Wooden Labyrinth Lite - Unlimited levels and I haven't found why exactly there is even a lite version
MLIA Lite - Okay so this isn't a game but it's an app I favor because it's FML's sister app with all the content you could want.
2 Across LE - Crosswords update weekly from NY Times only
Solitairel - Original solitaire but no custom card games

Note: This doesn't include freemium like Eliminate or Rolando 2.
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
TextFree: Its the full version, but with ads

Lemonade Tycoon: It has ads...but they go away when wifi is off

The Life Blog
Minecraft

04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
TextFree: Its the full version, but with ads

Lemonade Tycoon: It has ads...but they go away when wifi is off
Does Textfree text local providers and not just big names like AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon? If so I'll check it out cause I have TextPlus which texts basically anyone I want except people with a regional provider.
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieTheChaoticCupcake View Post
Does Textfree text local providers and not just big names like AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon? If so I'll check it out cause I have TextPlus which texts basically anyone I want except people with a regional provider.
they have a list in the app descrption, but i dont use it. I have it for when my phone is taken away

The Life Blog
Minecraft
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
NanoMechs Core, same thing as the full version, the only differences are no NanoMech customization and the main menu (and only the main menu) has a small ad.
04-13-2010, 08:49 PM
nice thread. one of the first interesting ones in a while. u forgot bout lemonade tycoon--great game except with ads
04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Galcon lite
04-13-2010, 09:17 PM
BfW lite

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
as far as I can tell cliffed
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
TowEr madness zero

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm