★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4Towers is an Tower Defence where players form combos and other power ups around 4 basic Towers.

Gameplay Video: http://bit.ly/dparfm

-----------------------------------------
REVIEWS!
"...I won't put this down until every last one (boss) is dead! "
- Ohbolbol TouchArcarde Member

"...a fast and highly strategic TD. The bosses are challenging and crazy fun! Especially in the last level. That was just amazing. The music made it even better."
- Prayforthewind TouchArcade Member

"I am actually getting into this game! Some nice new twists to TD games. I love the tower combos. "
- Spiral75 TouchArcade Member

MAJOR FEATURES

GAME CENTER AND OPENFEINT DUAL SUPPORT FOR LEADERBOARDS AND ACHIVEMENTS!

We now have 18 DIFFERENT TOWERS (56 including UPGRADES). New Towers in Episode 2 include:
- The Missile Barrage Platform
- The Ice Trap Platform
- The Artillery Bombardment Platform
- The Buffer, 'aka Bloodlust', Platform

New BRUTAL enemies.
- The Death Healer.
- The Tough Swarmer.
- The Spawner.

We have more than DOUBLED the number of levels available! Also new in these levels are 3 SUPER HARD CHALLENGE levels. Not for the weak!

We've added DIFFICULTY modes. Choose between EASY, MEDIUM and HARD.

Additional Much Requested Features based on feedback:
- Fast Forward Button!
- Quick Tutorial Access!
- New Score Tracking System!

Join us on facebook to receive the latest news on our game developments: www.lambdamugames.com/facebook
04-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 10-18-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: new video

04-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Cool!

OK I couldn't let this game get by without saying something. I have been on a TD spree recently. Been playing this for a few days now, and I like it. The retro look is cool, and makes it easy to identify everything. Towers are recycled (sold) for the cost, so it makes it easy to move towers around. This seems important for some waves, especially bosses. The combo system gives this some depth. Being able to switch from a slow/stun type to damage quickly, then back again is convenient. I found myself constantly switching tower types for different waves. I don't know what all the combos do just yet, but there's a few that are quite strong. While you are limited to where you can build, the build spots are located in the right spots for the most part.

There are some improvements I'd like to see. Pausing brings up a menu. A pause while being able to place towers would be a lot better, especially in the later levels where the pace picks up. A listing of all the combos and their effects would be great, since not all of them are obvious.

Overall, this is a fun, fast paced tower defense game that will keep your attention on each and every wave. Definitely looking forward to the next episode! I've only killed the bosses in 1/2 the levels, but I won't put this down until every last one is dead!
04-20-2010, 02:49 AM
Hi Devilishy, thank you for posting up my app! Can you write a review for my app?
I will be glad to send you a promocode!
04-20-2010, 02:50 AM
@Ohbobol

Thanks for your comments! We're still in the midst of improving the game and appreciate every comment you leave for us.

Last edited by Lambdamu; 04-20-2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: adding more context.
04-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I bought this game after I saw Ohbobol's comments. The game does start slow for the first few levels. But quickly evolves into a fast and highly strategic TD. The bosses are challenging and crazy fun! Especially in the last level. That was just amazing. The music made it even better.

I find myself using every single tower every game. There is no "super tower" that can just be built over and over to win the game. I really love that.

One thing though: I'm not sure how the DPS and multiplier works. most of the time i seem to be getting 70 for the multiplier. What did i do wrong?

Looking forward to Episode 2.
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
@Prayforthewind

DPS is explained in the first level of the game and we will be adding in a more detail guide for DPS soon!

If you get perfect, your multiplier is 100. If not, your multiplier is 70.
Thanks for the feedback! We’ll take note of it!
04-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi Everyone!

We just submitted a patch:

*fixed a tower combo that was unintentionally doing 10 times the amount of damage
*fixed the "Kill All Bosses" Achievement
*made UI adjustments to OpenFeint to minimize gameplay obstruction

Enjoy!
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambdamu View Post
Hi Everyone!

We just submitted a patch:

*fixed a tower combo that was unintentionally doing 10 times the amount of damage
*fixed the "Kill All Bosses" Achievement
*made UI adjustments to OpenFeint to minimize gameplay obstruction

Enjoy!
why would anyone wanna download this update? lol

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-22-2010, 01:07 AM
@Freedog

To enjoy the game. Where's the fun if you are able to kill everything without a playing strategy? ^^