★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pinch Pull Game

04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Pinch Pull Game

Hey everyone,

This is Brian from Riptide Games. We created Gravity Sling at the first iPhone Game Jam last October, and we're looking forward to working on it again this year.

This time around I'm teaming up with Mike from Projkt9 Interactive http://www.projkt9.com Our basic idea is similar to Canabalt in that you're going to be traveling across the screen and surviving as long as you can. The player will need to pinch/pull the screen to make the world underneath them bigger so you can survive. The idea is that if there's an obstacle you might need to pull to "zoom in" to go under it, and if there's a lower obstacle you might need to ping to "zoom out" to go over it.

We'll have a bit of concept art up soon, and would love to get some help coming up with a game name!

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
04-13-2010, 10:56 PM
This game sounds like a lot of fun

~uıʌoןɔɯ
Want list: Oh! Edo Towns , Space Tripper,

04-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Initial assets

Here's some initial assets for our game:
- Angel, this is you

- Devil, this is the enemy (if we put them in)

- A pickup

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
04-13-2010, 11:03 PM
That is pretty creative. Maybe one more twist is needed to give it a little bit more kick. How about being able to rotate the world around your character as well (to a certain extent, more like tilt the world) to control the speed/direction of motion? Tap to jump? Two finger tap to duck? Maybe this is getting a bit too crazy...

GameLoft Live / openfeint / plus+: deiden26
04-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubane View Post
Here's some initial assets for our game:

- Devil, this is the enemy (if we put them in)
...hmmm, something quite appealing about this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-13-2010, 11:19 PM
This sounds quite challenging and interesting, will obstacles be randomly generated?

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I loved gravity sling, cant wait to see what this ends up being
04-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznriceboi13 View Post
This sounds quite challenging and interesting, will obstacles be randomly generated?
Probably, but we'll see how far we get tonight

Brian Robbins
04-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Here's a quick mockup of how our environment might end up looking

Brian Robbins
04-14-2010, 04:42 AM
We now have a name - Pinchy, or if you prefer "The Adventures of Pinchy the Angel"

Brian Robbins