Punicorn Escape by Mind Juice Media

04-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Punicorn Escape by Mind Juice Media

Hi everyone...soooo...I'm making a game with the working title of "Punicorn Escape".

You are a tiny unicorn that has escaped from a top-secret government facility. On an unrelated note, this is the same facility that safeguards the world from leprechauns, gremlins, and dragons, and also has a massive repository for all your missing socks.

To make your escape you must keep moving or the government retrieval bot will catch you and return you to captivity.

Use your magical horn to jump/fly your way through the various obstacles like spider webs and escape to freedom!

Save the unicorn!

Gameplay is basically a side-scroller a bit like Canabalt, and your score is based on how far you get before you are captured.
04-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Lol. Sounds like a very fun idea! A unicorn trying to escape a top secret government facility? That's hilarious!

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
04-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I LOL'ed at "Punicorn." It just sounds funny.
04-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Awwwwww. That is soooo cute.
04-14-2010, 05:28 AM
So, I have a dynamically generated world running now.

The ground height sections are randomly generated, and the plants in the background are also randomly generated. The grass is alternating between two textures.

These are arranged into 3 levels of parallax scrolling for the ground, grass and plants. I'll probably add a far background as well of mountains and/or clouds or something like that.

Frame rate is pretty low right now for some reason, so I'll have to look into that sometime in the next few hours.

Switching to work on the unicorn now, including jumping and collision detection.

I think he needs a name. Any suggestions?
04-14-2010, 05:31 AM
try this for inspiration

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
04-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Here are a couple of incredibly exciting screenshots!

04-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
Switching to work on the unicorn now, including jumping and collision detection.

I think he needs a name. Any suggestions?
I thought that was his name: Punicorn.

How about Pecan. Pecan the Punicorn.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
04-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
try this for inspiration
amazing!
hey, I want that one on the iPhone!!!