★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: [adult swim]
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 97.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.24
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: REVIEWS FROM iPHONE/iPOD VERSION:
One of the iPhones best apps." -Modojo.com
Its a rare entertainment release; comedy and gameplay are equally good." -Maclife.com

WHATS NEW IN THE iPAD VERSION:
Upscaled HD resolution for iPad.
Cooperative multiplayer turn-based gameplay.
Dual Facebook Connect functionality.

GAME DESCRIPTION:
Amateur Surgeon from Adult Swim puts your wildest surgery fantasies in the palm of your unwashed, unqualified hand. Use precision instruments such as a pizza cutter, salad tongs, stapler, and car battery to hack your way through thirty different procedures and be the surgeon that your parents always knew you would never become.

27 levels + 3 hidden surgeries
Each surgery a complicated, multistep procedure.
Save progress between patients, like a real surgeon!
Touch screen to choose instruments.
Slide finger to make incisions.
Rub screen to cauterize wounds, apply gel, etc.
Simulation of saving lives = simulation of fulfillment.

Privacy Policy: http://www.adultswim.com/privacy/index.html

SwimCeej's comments:
Hello all!

First off, I'm the Games Producer at Adult Swim. I've been out for the last two weeks getting married and then honeymooning so I didn't post about it until now but an iPad version of Amateur Surgeon has been on the App Store since launch. Wanted to post this and also solicit any comments/feedback you might have - we've already identified a few small bugs but I wanted to get your feedback on the app overall as well. Thank you!

04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
My only feedback is that you should have made it universal instead of double dipping on folks who already have the iPhone game

04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Didn't know there was an hd version of this...I always give good feedback, but just got the email from iTunes and I think I've been spending a bit too much on iPad apps...guess I got a little too excited about my new device. Enjoyed the iPhone game though, so would have loved to check this out. Maybe a promo?

Contrats on the marriage.
04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
My only feedback is that you should have made it universal instead of double dipping on folks who already have the iPhone game
I hear ya. Thanks for the feedback. It's a tough question and one we're looking at closely. There are a couple considerations that make it a bit more complicated an issue than it seems on its face.
04-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
I hear ya. Thanks for the feedback. It's a tough question and one we're looking at closely. There are a couple considerations that make it a bit more complicated an issue than it seems on its face.

I don't know if it can be done, but I think the best way to go about the problem(which a lot of developers say is file size) is to have a universal version for people with ipads and a separate one for people with iphones who don't want the bigger file. Developers could than chose to charge more for the universal one if they wanted.
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Gratz on the marriage... And hope the 'moon was fun.... And btw swine for the win... You guys rock
04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
This is kind of unrelated but is there any chance of getting robot unicorn attack for the ipad? Its such an awesome game and I feel that it that it would work perfectly on the ipad (tap on left side to jump ride side to dash).
04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
This is one of my favorite iPad games. Good work, cj.
04-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I LOVED the iPhone version, but really don't have much of a reason to get this one and play through it again. That being said, if you've never tried AS, grab this sucker! It's a sick and twisted (and very funny I might add) ride through a back-alley surgeon's operating room.

Now are you guys planning to bring the free Christmas pack to the iPad as well?

-3Dave
Artist/Animator/Aardvark
3Dave.com
Twitter Page
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm a big fan of AS so I picked this up for the iPad. It's probably the easiest to play of the 3 versions I've tried (Flash, iPhone, iPad) as the big touch screen seems custom made for this game. Even though I paid for it I still think $5 is a bit high when you consider it's a buck on the iPhone, and aside from the larger screen there's nothing new. But I'm a sucker for games like this.