★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Varshia
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 27.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.8 (4)
App description: Hold back the onslaught of summoned monsters in real-time on your Iphone, Ipod-touch and Ipad!

Long long ago, magicians and monsters signed a pact so that the magicians could summon the monsters in times of dire need.
But as time passed, the wizards began summoning the monsters for selfish and petty reasons, and they have not heeded pact of the past.

Now, the monsters have decided to march and punish the magicians.

You must stop them!

--Highlight Features--
- Unique spell-based action defense game !
- Instantaneous save when quitting the app.
- Balanced difficulty progression & 3 difficulty modes.
- Over 50 different monster types, from cute bertha monsters to huge dragon king.
- Over 15 different upgradable magical skills.
- Multi-shots, Combo-Attack, and Mixed skills through 3 attributions

Visit our websites!

www.varshia.com

Follow me on Twitter! : varshia
04-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Looks really good - and is crying out for a video...

EDIT: Video added for all to enjoy.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ataloss; 04-15-2010 at 11:11 AM.

04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
yeah I like the artwork/graphics for this. Kinda reminds me of that woulda shoulda been game called Hardgore. I'm interested to find out more about this game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

Last edited by freedog; 04-15-2010 at 03:55 AM.
04-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Anyone wanna TOFTT?

hi
04-15-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Anyone wanna TOFTT?

Thanks for TOFTTing! Please post impressions!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-15-2010, 04:36 AM
plx stop makking fun of me

hi
04-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
plx stop makking fun of me

Oops, sorry, I misread. Thought you wanna TOFFT. Well, I am tempted to buy, but there are too many good games coming soon, so I'll quit TOFFTing the next two weeks.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey guys, bought game late last night and have only put about 20 minutes into it. If your a fan of castle defense games with a TD feel then you'll love this game, never heard of it until it released last night and pretty excited that I discovered this game and one of the few times I've made a blind purchase and have been rewarded with a great game.

The graphics are very polished with superior detail in background animation compared to a lot of other games in this genre. The controls are spot on and easy to pick up to this point. Soundtrack is typical but fits the game nicely. The weapons/upgrade system is pretty typical (flame, freeze, lightning, etc.) and looks to be adequate in depth though I always feel you can never have enough upgrade options in any game! Haha. And yes the monsters have a fuzzies from Minigore look to them.

There are a few other games I've played in this genre (sorry can't remember names) where you play a wizard casting spells on the attacking waves of enemies that the controls alone made the game unenjoyable. This one managed to deliver both controls and a great look.

Bottom line is for the price I'm loving it, and it could easily be a 3-4 buck game in my opinion and be worth every penny. If you check my posts and comments on this website I'm usually critical of games, this I can find nothing to be critical about so far and can ony say great things about it! Pick it up if your on the fence about it with no videos because you won't be disappointed that's a promise I feel is easy to keep.
04-15-2010, 09:40 AM
BTW, if anybody has any questions about the game I'll check back here and there and try and answer them. Sure I'll rip a bad game especially when I purchase about 150-200 bucks in games on the app store a month. But this is one I wanna make sure suceeds so the developer can pump out more quality like this down the road.
04-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Hey guys, bought game late last night and have only put about 20 minutes into it. If your a fan of castle defense games with a TD feel then you'll love this game, never heard of it until it released last night and pretty excited that I discovered this game and one of the few times I've made a blind purchase and have been rewarded with a great game.

The graphics are very polished with superior detail in background animation compared to a lot of other games in this genre. The controls are spot on and easy to pick up to this point. Soundtrack is typical but fits the game nicely. The weapons/upgrade system is pretty typical (flame, freeze, lightning, etc.) and looks to be adequate in depth though I always feel you can never have enough upgrade options in any game! Haha. And yes the monsters have a fuzzies from Minigore look to them.

There are a few other games I've played in this genre (sorry can't remember names) where you play a wizard casting spells on the attacking waves of enemies that the controls alone made the game unenjoyable. This one managed to deliver both controls and a great look.

Bottom line is for the price I'm loving it, and it could easily be a 3-4 buck game in my opinion and be worth every penny. If you check my posts and comments on this website I'm usually critical of games, this I can find nothing to be critical about so far and can ony say great things about it! Pick it up if your on the fence about it with no videos because you won't be disappointed that's a promise I feel is easy to keep.
I picked it up too (noticed it in the NZ store earlier and it looked interesting). Haven't had much time to play it yet, but I will attest to the polish: the levels are simply gorgeous, and the menu screens and UI feel like some out of ngmoco. The RPG/Magic system also looks very sophisticated. Will be playing more and dropping further impressions. So far, I think Natron is right to be excited about the game.