★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple in New & Noteworthy!

This game is about a great adventure of Bogee, an anthropology student sent to explore wild and dangerous tribes on the edges of the civilized world. His primary task is to find artifacts of native life, but also he would like to collect all the valuable items and tasty fruits of exotic lands along the way just as any other smart student would.

Bogee is a very kind and amiable young man, he finds it is a pleasure to feed animals, and tries to give something tasty to every creature on his way. As a true scientist Bogee detests any violence, so the best way to meet the goals of this expedition and stay alive is to avoid unfriendly Aborigines and dodge weapons hurled at him. Bogee has limited time to explore every location in this exciting world of ancient people.

We hope that your persistence and stamina will help Bogee to complete his mission. Try to attain the great score! Good luck!

Game features:
- 12 levels;
- 7 types of enemies;
- animated environment;
- adaptive animals;
- prompts in game;
- unique melodies for different environments.
04-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Are there really people who feel directional controls separated in a single horizontal line are a good thing? I mean this looks interesting in a retro sort of way but those controls completely put me off.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

04-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah that is awkward having everything in one straight line, plus the left/right controls should be on the left side. Maybe there are other setups or at least the ability to switch the layout a bit...
04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Yeah that is awkward having everything in one straight line, plus the left/right controls should be on the left side. Maybe there are other setups or at least the ability to switch the layout a bit...
The screenshots don't suggest it, and I'm not spending $3 to find out; it's hard to tell if the game itself is worth the price, since the description above is in its entirety -- no mention of any game features whatsoever, just the back story. Maybe someone with a little more expendable assets can take the plunge.

04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Hmm I agree about the controls. I would be fumbling all over the place! They aren't even laid out in an intuitive way, ie left and right on the left and up and down on the right since most games have that set up!
04-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
What's New in Version 1.1

We have added several game controls choices due to the popular demand.
The control problem has been fixed.

Last edited by Klazka; 04-28-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: screenshots
04-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm still seeing a horizontal layout with up and down beside each other. Unless there's another, more D-Pad-y setup not shown here, this still looks awkward.

04-28-2010, 08:27 AM
I was excited to see there was a new control scheme but this just looks like a rearranged horizontal line in one photo and the same as before in another as Mindfield pointed out.

I would be so getting this game if it had a traditional control pattern. Even if it wasn't a d pad but a swipe to move bit or something. Anything other than this row of buttons. Especially where it looks like a timed level, I would so fail if only because I was looking for the right directional button.
04-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I was excited to see there was a new control scheme but this just looks like a rearranged horizontal line in one photo and the same as before in another as Mindfield pointed out.

I would be so getting this game if it had a traditional control pattern. Even if it wasn't a d pad but a swipe to move bit or something. Anything other than this row of buttons. Especially where it looks like a timed level, I would so fail if only because I was looking for the right directional button.
I know, same here. Having bad control schemes is bad enough, but to be timed on the levels just adds to the frustration.
05-16-2010, 08:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
price dropped to $1.99