★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

"Classic and easy gameplay plus great graphics make this one hard to put down." - geeks.co.uk

"The action is addictively frantic!" - Sun Newspaper"

Its the best arcade game Ive got, and I have millions of arcade games, truly the best and Id recommend it to everyone. Hooray for StarCannon! - player review

The Alien hordes are invading! You and your Nova Ray fighter are the only things standing between humanity and extinction. Classic, arcade, blasting action characterises this top down shooter, providing you with the timeless game play of the arcades with the look and feel of the future

Thousands of aliens to blast into smithereens!
3 weapon types; loads of upgrades; pure kill power!
Facebook integration: display your alien vaporising skills online!
Suitable for anyone with god-like reactions!
Local and Global highscores to compete in!
Challenging Achievements to show off your skills!

Also available from Jagex Game Studio:

Miner Disturbance - can you dig it?
Bouncedown - how long can you survive?

Visit us at www.jagex.com!

DavidHolliss's comments:
Not seen a thread on this, appeared on app store couple of hours ago, doesn't look to shabby, especially for those of us without Espgaluda II compatible hardware.

04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
looks nothing like epdgaluda

Beta tester of 54 games
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I know, it was a throw away comment rather than a direct comparison.

Yes, I'm still bitter and twisted
04-15-2010, 09:36 AM
there's plenty of vid for the non-iphone version...but couldn't find one for the idevice

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
It's got great reviews on iTunes so far, I've bought it and will try it later.

Price doubles after the weekend
Today, we're so proud to announce the release of our second iPhone game - this time, it's our arcade shooter StarCannon. And as a special 'thankyou!' to all Jagex fans, we're offering iPhone StarCannon half-price for this weekend only.
We wouldn't want you to miss out, so head to the Apple App Store now to download iPhone StarCannon for 0.59 ($0.99 or 0,79 €) - that's half the normal price of 1.19 ($1.99 or 1,59 €) - and get blasting through 5 brand new, iPhone-only levels.
04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Since the release of this awesome Cave game, it's hard to sell a vertical shooter, I guess.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
04-15-2010, 01:27 PM
As part of my neverending quest to pick up every vertical shooter that has graced the App Store, I will be downloading this one as soon as possible.

Maybe even... right now

04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Any impressions?
04-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Made by Jagex, developers of the "epic" online browser MMO Runescape and FunOrb. I hope they port over more games from fun orb like Arcanists (turn based game similar to worms only with wizards and dozens of unlockable spells).

04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I've played this a bit and think it's pretty good, not great. Maybe I've just gotten used to the spot-on controls of 'Espgaluda' and 'Tyrian', which are the only vertical shooters I've been playing lately, but the controls here feel a bit sluggish. I'd compare them to 'Mortal Skies'.

Last edited by Guise; 04-15-2010 at 07:58 PM.