★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pull the trigger?

02-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Pull the trigger?

I've held off buying games lately. Generally, I really don't hesitate to buy a game when I get the urge and $ isn't an issue for me.

The issue for me lately has been sub par releases!

I could name a few here, and I'm sure we all could. So here is my question...

I'm bored and I'd like to find something to waste some time... are there any games out there (I have Blue Attack/Defense and most every popular game.) that have received bad reviews, but recent updates have pushed it from the junk pile to the must have pile?

Like PuzzleQuest for example? Does the 1.2 update and the "next chapter free" push this into a must have?

I guess this may be seen as an "under the radar" post, but I'm really looking for trash that's become a gem. Or for games that you've found have progressed greatly since initial release.

alright... your turn!

Play the opening like a book, the middlegame like a magician, and the endgame like a machine!
02-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I never played this version but the PSP version of PQ was awesome.

02-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Like PuzzleQuest for example? Does the 1.2 update and the "next chapter free" push this into a must have?
no game is ever a "must have"

only an "absolutely want"

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
02-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
no game is ever a "must have"

only an "absolutely want"
haha!

Play the opening like a book, the middlegame like a magician, and the endgame like a machine!
02-14-2009, 10:22 PM
I've been kind of annoyed by all the retro ports. I don't want old Atari-whatever games that I've never heard of, or another racing game that's features nothing but uncreative tracks (I'd kill for Trackmania, though). I want new original games. Everything that's come out look like it was on Miniclip prior to the appstore.
02-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I've been kind of annoyed by all the retro ports. I don't want old Atari-whatever games that I've never heard of, or another racing game that's features nothing but uncreative tracks (I'd kill for Trackmania, though). I want new original games. Everything that's come out look like it was on Miniclip prior to the appstore.
same here...it kills me when news of things like "retro classic...comes to iphone" are constantly flooding the toucharcade homepage

and as for the original question, i'm not sure...i guess pocket god, but you must have heard of it if you've browsed these forums at all...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
same here...it kills me when news of things like "retro classic...comes to iphone" are constantly flooding the toucharcade homepage

and as for the original question, i'm not sure...i guess pocket god, but you must have heard of it if you've browsed these forums at all...
Love Pocket God. Definitely original, but only fun to mess around with for short bursts of time, or when someone pisses me off and I wanna send a virtual version of them into a volcano
02-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Downhill Bowling!!!

Try the lite version if you are not sure.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Downhill Bowling!!!

Try the lite version if you are not sure.
done!

also purchased 30 and Dirty...