★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Andreas Ehnbom
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 32.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Fuji Leaves is an interactive music application where you use leaves and falling stones to create music. When a stone hits a leaf, the leaf produces a sound. Different sounds play depending on how the stone hits the leaf.

You can move, rotate and scale leaves in a near infinite amount of combinations, each combination resulting in a unique sound everytime.

The goal with the game is for you to relax and play it in the way you enjoy the most. Try it out!

Features
* Create songs using leaves and falling stones
* Add and remove leaves and stone creators as you please
* Move, rotate and pinch leaves and stone creators in a near infinite amount of combinations
* Undo & redo your actions
* Save & load the songs you make
* Share them with your friends through facebook connect
* Easily download your friends' songs

Artwork by Chris Cockcroft

Special thanks to John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl / www.PlugInGuru.com for providing additional sound sets

Touchgamer3g's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I was wondering about this... it's in the top 50, I think. It sure does look good.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
NICE! The sounds remind me so much of the classic PSN title "Flower"... Really want to try this out.

Invaders Must Die.
04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
I think I'll buy this tomorrow. I fell in love with the two videos, the musics are really beautiful

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
I think I'll buy this tomorrow. I fell in love with the two videos, the musics are really beautiful

Youtube link | Pop Up
If you do, I would love to hear your impressions. I love creative music games such as this! You can even record, save, and download your songs which is a great feature.
04-15-2010, 05:51 PM
The video reminds me a bit if one of the areas in the NDS import called Electroplankton. Looks nice!!!
04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Fantastic little music app!
04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Looks awesome, but $3 is a little bit too much for me right now...

Openfeint ID/Plus+/AC2 MP: Bahgett
Gamecenter: Hamburger Time
04-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Game Impressions

Impressive as in the videos

You start with the tutorial which explains very well how to play (many languages help a lot ). As we see in the videos, you touch the leaf or the stones and add them where you want on the screen. You can choose the size of the leaves with a pinch movement and in the same way, it's possible to change how the stone will be thrown (direction and size of the first movement). The "round circles" we see in the videos are computer ones I suppose, in the game you only see the items (and arrows for the stones). There are 2 different stones but for the moment I didn't find what is the difference between them.
If you don't like something, you put the item in the water and it disappears.
With the last icon, you save your music and give it a name (it's weird because you can use the same name many times, so each time you save you create a new song...). When a song is created, you can delete it or send it to Facebook (I haven't an account so I didn't try it. It seems you can download your friends songs too).

There are 2 (beautiful) backgrounds : one for the day, the other for the night (with some bugs sounds). You can choose the one you want at the beginning. The animations are great: when you add a new leaf, the game creates its stem which grows from the water... There are some wind movements (leaves on the background), lights, & waves when a stone falls. This part is really well done even if there are not many different things.
The sounds are very pleasant and each time you move something or add a new item, it really changes the sounds and your song (there's a "back" button). I'm not a musician but in 10 seconds, I create beautiful songs

The game is "expensive" but very well done and polished, so if you like creating (zen & beautiful) music easily, it's a must buy. For those who prefer more action or many different instruments, I suppose the game is not enough deep
04-26-2010, 05:52 PM
This 'game' is really really outstanding. If you're at all interested in generative music apps, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. Easily worth the $3. I was seriously transfixed by this game for hours last night. It's hypnotic.

The art design is fantastic and the developer did a great job with the sound production. Only wish there were more scenes.

Last edited by Nausicaa; 04-26-2010 at 05:54 PM.