★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fight as Axis or Allies in the famous World War II battle of Stalingrad! Stand your ground as enemy hordes attack from all sides in this 3D action shooter!

Features:
-Play through the Russian or German campaign, each with four missons!
-Choose from four authentic weapons: The MP-40, the P08, the PPsh-41, and the Tokarev!
-Upgrade each weapon's rate of fire, clip size, reload speed, and accuracy!
-Online Achievements and Leaderboards through the OpenFeint system!
-Play in Landscape or Portrait mode!
-Remastered versions of both Soviet and German National Anthems!

Stalingrad is OpenFeint Enabled.
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM
3D action shooter?!

it'll be on my radar

04-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Sooo... who's gonna TOFTT on this one? The graphics and gameplay look so high quality, and FOUR DIFFERENT GUNS!!! NO WAY!!!
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
What does TOFTT stand for?
04-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch11 View Post
What does TOFTT stand for?
Take One For The Team. Around here it refers to buying a game and posting impressions so others know whether to get it or not.

04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh what the hay, I'll give this a shot for only a few bucks. Impressions soon.
(I know it's for horses)

04-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Seems a bit shallow, I could be wrong but thats how it looks...generic

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I think it's time to put down COD, we have the next champ in the ring!

😈
04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
What a surprise!

Would've posted impressions earlier, but I was hooked on this game. Believe it or not, this is a fun time waster posing as a WWII FPS. It is far from generic since the campaign revolves around a real battle. I had expected the worst when I hit the buy button, but now I'm glad I did. Basically the game allows you to play through eithe the German campaign, USSR campaign, or a marathon mode that allows endless survival play on any of the 8 missions. Gameplay is a bit bland, though it really got me hooked. You can either aim with the stick on screen (rubbish control stick) or swipe the screen (a lot better) to look around. Tapping the screen fires your weapon, and the objective in all eight missions is to defend some area (there's little blurbs saying what's going on before a mission starts) for a minute or two. Then after the wave is completed you go to an upgrade screen where you can spend points upgrading your reload time, ammo in a clip, accuracy, rate of fire, or heal yourself. Since the game doesn't allow you to duck down for cover, the strategy is to pick your upgrades wisely so you can efficiently kill your opponents. Each side has two weapons to choose from at the start, a pistol and an automatic rifle. I haven't tried the pistols yet, though I'm sure the difference is in it's stats.

Bottom line: The game is a wave based WWII themed action shooter. You CANNOT move around freely, this isn't a FPS. It's an arcade style shooter that isn't half bad. I'd recommend it if you're interested, otherwise wait for an update or price drop.

04-16-2010, 06:51 AM
I'll see if I can make a video later today and upload it so you can see the game in action.