★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Help the Lorax regrow the world's Truffula tree forests! Design your own trees and flowers, see them grow right before your eyes, and share beautiful postcards you've created with friends & family.

- #4 Free App on the iPhone - March 2012
- Selected by Apple in "Apps for Earth Day" - April 2011
- 3.5 stars out of 4 - USA Today
- "Absolutely fantastic, one of the best iPhone games weve ever played" - OWTK.com
- "The perfect game for kids" - Appmodo
- "Game with a cute theme for a good price" - MacGamer
- "Well-suited for kids" - Gamezebo
- "Id say its a hit" - The iPhone Mom
- "A fantastic simulation game for kids!" - PadGadget

Features:
- Design your Truffula tree Choose the color, leaf shape, trunk shape, and trunk pattern for each tree in your forest.
- Grow your tree Water the trees in your nursery and watch them grow before your eyes!
- Grow flowers - Watch your flowers bloom as you give them water, pull weeds, and shoo harmful insects away.
- Share your creations Email beautiful postcards of the trees and flowers you grew to friends & family.
- Numerous challenges Each forest has different needs which become more challenging as the game progresses.
- View your progress The world map shows how many forests you've regrown and how many still need your help!

Additional features:
- Beautiful 3D artwork inspired by Dr. Seuss
- Whimsical music and sound effects
- Suitable for all age 6 and up

PLEASE NOTE: Care Hearts (used to grow trees quickly) can be obtained FREE by growing flowers OR via in-app purchases.

ABOUT IN-APP PURCHASES: This app includes the option to purchase in-app content. You may lock out the ability to purchase in-app content by adjusting your device's settings. Also, iOS will keep you logged in for 15 minutes after an initial in-app purchase. Additional purchases will not require a re-entry of your password during this 15 minute interval. This is a function of iOS and is not within our control.

-----------

More Dr. Seuss apps from Oceanhouse Media...

Additional Dr. Seuss apps are available! We have eBooks, games, cameras, electronic greeting cards and more.

See the full catalog at: www.oceanhousemedia.com/seuss

Gift this app! - Click the "Buy App" arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Visit us: www.oceanhousemedia.com
Follow us: twitter.com/oceanhousemedia
Like us: facebook.com/oceanhousemedia

-----------

Official Dr. Seuss licensed iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app. Dr. Seuss Properties & © 2010 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved.
04-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow, pretty, and very nice theme, that's a great story. I got Flower Garden a couple of months ago, and it is fun seeing the flowers grow and unlocking new ones over time - this seems to have its own idea of progression built in, and a few other features for added realism - pulling weeds, good times lol.

Also from the look of the postcard pic there it is less of a bouquet situation and as such I guess there is less clipping of the graphics - Flower Garden suffers from that. It is interesting that this comes out today; I was meaning to email the Flower Garden developer to see if anything new is in store for it (no pun), now I might have to mention this too.
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks, MartinNZ. This is Noel, the developer of Flower Garden, and the Lorax Garden is what I've been working on for the last few weeks. So the similarities aren't pure coincidence :-)

You're right that there's a lot more of a game progression and specific goals to Lorax Garden. And I'm glad you like the postcards!

So now it's time to work on a Flower Garden update so it's out by Mother's Day!
04-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llopis View Post
Thanks, MartinNZ. This is Noel, the developer of Flower Garden, and the Lorax Garden is what I've been working on for the last few weeks. So the similarities aren't pure coincidence :-)

You're right that there's a lot more of a game progression and specific goals to Lorax Garden. And I'm glad you like the postcards!

So now it's time to work on a Flower Garden update so it's out by Mother's Day!
Oh wow, whaddaya know . Probably going to have to have a go with this then.

As for FG, I just unlocked Rememberance; with regard to that lot of seeds, the whole auto-resow thing was interesting, but I think it should be optional as it can make it a little harder to totally empty a pot to free up space ... yes I know you're wanting to sell more extra pots as well .

Other than that higher resolution bouquet exports would be nice, as would a visual indicator of when you're about to go too far (into yellow). On the iPhone 3g at least there is sometimes a bit of a delay on it stopping watering, and there is also a delay on exit before the phone gets sound control back, e.g. if you exit and then lock the device right away it won't play lock sound.

Whatever you can improve, I look forward to more updates coming.
04-30-2010, 09:09 PM
On sale at 99c.
05-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Well What do ya know, bought it at 1.79 2 days ago and it goes on sale! Nice game though, beautiful artwork.

If anyone is wanting an expensive game, let me know, I'll buy it. It usually goes on sale a day or so after.