★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Top Gun vs F.A.S.T. Poll

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer:
Top Gun 11 57.89%
F.A.S.T. 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
04-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Top Gun vs F.A.S.T.

Hi all, I am new to the iTouch world and the entire iPod world for that matter. This is my first iPod.

I was looking for those who have played both Top Gun and F.A.S.T. and you opinions as to which is better. They both look very similar and I don't need 2 air combat games, just want the better of the two.

Thanks for the help!
04-16-2010, 10:58 AM
They are extremely different games.

I made Top Gun, and we modeled the game after titles like Afterburner and Space Harrier.

F.A.S.T. is more of an arena dog fighting type game that is online.

Top Gun is on rails (like the new Afterburner Climax game) and F.A.S.T. is a free roaming game (like a Flight Sim).

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.

04-16-2010, 11:02 AM
top gun

why dont you make a poll
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Good call Edm. Wish I could just add it here, I'll submit a new post with the poll
04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Top Gun vs F.A.S.T. Poll

As a follow-up to my original post here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=52236

Tell me what you like better (and why if you have the time)

Top Gun vs F.A.S.T.

Thanks
04-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Both this and your other thread are in the wrong section. You can't move them, but the mods will. Also, starting two threads on the subject is very bad form around here -- word to the wise.
04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks Hippieman, I loved the original Afterburner arcade version. Can you tell me what you mean by "rails" vs "free roaming"? Appreciate the patience.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
They are extremely different games.

I made Top Gun, and we modeled the game after titles like Afterburner and Space Harrier.

F.A.S.T. is more of an arena dog fighting type game that is online.

Top Gun is on rails (like the new Afterburner Climax game) and F.A.S.T. is a free roaming game (like a Flight Sim).
04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
You really did't have to make two threads for this.

ANyway. They are two different games but imho F.A.S.T. despite the way they implemented there DLC far outshines Top Gun in all aspects and overall depth.
04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
My bad with the double post. I'll try and get a mod to delete the other one. Not very experienced with posting.
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromo View Post
Thanks Hippieman, I loved the original Afterburner arcade version. Can you tell me what you mean by "rails" vs "free roaming"? Appreciate the patience.
Thanks
On rails means, in Top Gun, the jet goes where we tell it to go. You can fly around inside that area, but we control going from point A to B. It's a more common Arcade type experience.

Free roaming, let's you fly wherever you want to go. It's more like a traditional Flight Simulator.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.