★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join over 1 million players in the #1 Arcade game!

Icarus-X is a Full 3D Vertical Shooter, featuring fast paced action, epic boss battles, challenging achievements, downloadable replays and the mandatory online leaderboards!
Icarus-X is now Universal and supports Retina Display, Game Center and the new iPhone 5.

Icarus-X features downloadable replays so that you can enjoy watching the best players in the world turn the game inside out and pull out gigantic high scores!
There is also a Slow-Motion Pratice Mode to learn the more difficult patterns at your own pace.

Friendly advice: Stay focused on your ship and enemies, as the fast-scrolling backgrounds may cause nausea (and staring at the landscape while fighting a war is never a good idea) .

----------------------------

Features include:

* Retina Display
* Game Center (iOS 4.1 and higher)
* Full 3D environments and ships
* Fast paced action
* Simple and intuitive controls
* Online leaderboards
* Downloadable replays
* Slow-motion practice mode
* Epic boss battles
* 4 Challenging modes
* Achievements and Unlockables
* Choose between your iPod music or the game's upbeat soundtrack

"Graphics are top notch, controls are plainly intuitive" - gizmodo.com (featured in Best Apps of the Week)

"Highly recommended" - shmup.com

"A polished little gem of a game" - allaboutthegames.co.uk (4/5)

"It will make you feal like a 'pro' in no time" - appspy.com (4/5)

Top 10 iPhone Apps And Games May 2010 - areacellphone.com

Watch the trailer and more on the official website : http://icarus-x.com

Learn from the best players in the world: Icarus-X All-Stars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEFYLZRNdXQ

Follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/TheQuadsphere

Join us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Icarus.X.Game

TheQuadsphere's comments:

04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Hasn't quite made it to the App Store yet but... heck yeah! Been looking forward to this one for a while.

04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Wow, that looks really great! Like Ikaruga. I wonder what the price will be?

I already bought ESPGaluda II, BUT I still can't play because I have a Touch 3G/64GB. :-/

Maybe this one I can buy AND play. That would be nice.

Last edited by Chocolate; 04-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
App Info is available.
04-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I beta tested this game, and it's pretty fun. It's really fast and very challenging. It's not quite a bullet hell shooter, but the bosses can get pretty crazy. The graphics are also very nice.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Haven't made it past the first boss yet (on Normal -- there's an easy mode), but so far I'm very impressed. Fast, well made 3D graphics, flawless controls, and a boatload of bullets on the screen at once (though, as legowiz points out, not quite a bullet hell shooter). Wish your ships had shields on them, rather than it be one-hit-kill, but other than that, it strikes me as the second best top-down shooter on the platform (after Espgaluda2, of course).
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Maybe this one I can buy AND play.
That you can, and believe me when I say it will be freaking AWESOME.

If you love vertical shooters as much as I do, especially beautiful ones featuring awesomely designed starfighters, you owe it to yourself to pick this one up.

Icarus-X will be on my front page (shining brilliantly alongside Espgaluda II) for the forseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
I've been waiting for this, and really want to buy it. But are there a lot of enemies throughout the game? I hate when I'm only shooting at a couple at a time, it gets too easy.
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo7 View Post
I've been waiting for this, and really want to buy it. But are there a lot of enemies throughout the game? I hate when I'm only shooting at a couple at a time, it gets too easy.
The game's not easy -- trust me. Just beat the first boss, made it to the second one. #2 ranked world wide, though I'm sure that's not going to last.
04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo7 View Post
There is a system that pops extra-waves when you're too good
Bosses and scoring are the real challenge though.