★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puzzle Quest- yay or nay

02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Puzzle Quest- yay or nay

So, is it now worth it to buy this game with all the updates and promise for free updates for chapter 2? also, is this game at all battery intensive? I'm on the fence and I wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts.

Loving:TweetDeck, Facebook, AIM,Tatomic, Defend Your Castle, Toki Tori, Edge,Rolando 1+2,Galcon, Drop7
ngmoco Plus+Buster09
Twitter-follow me! http://twitter.com/Buster08
02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
yes its good ---not perfect but good. Buy it --- why not also look into the responses to the updates in other threads ---this might help you make a very diffculy decission...to buy or not to buy a 10$ game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left

Last edited by parranoya; 02-15-2009 at 02:19 PM.

02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm in the same situation as you, and I have decided for nay. I don't want to support the sloppy way the iDevice conversion was made. I'm waiting for the part two and see if they will make a more serious effort with it.
02-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
yes its good ---not perfect but good. Buy it --- why not also look into the responses to the updates in other threads ---this might help you make a very diffculy decission...to buy or not to buy a 6$ game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
What $6 game? I thought it is a ten dollar one (it is 8 euros here).
02-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I've was sitting on the fence for a long time on this one too. I finally got it a couple of days ago because I was particularly bored and had an itchy mouse finger while hovering over the "Buy now" button.

Now I wish I hadn't bothered. While it's OK I can't see myself playing it any more.
02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
yes its good ---not perfect but good. Buy it --- why not also look into the responses to the updates in other threads ---this might help you make a very diffculy decission...to buy or not to buy a 6$ game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Idk, but I love your signature lol.

There are way too many puzzlers in the appstore. how much is this one?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I have it on the DS, PSP, XBLA, and PC, and now this. Spent about 20 hours on it. Loved every minute of it. And now with part 2 being free, that's 40 hours for 10 bucks. A bargain. And IMHO the game is perfect.

There's two games I would pay $10 for. This and Zuma (Rolando and Spore tricked me).
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
yay
its good, got alot of replay too
02-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I have it on the DS, PSP, XBLA, and PC, and now this. Spent about 20 hours on it. Loved every minute of it. And now with part 2 being free, that's 40 hours for 10 bucks. A bargain. And IMHO the game is perfect.

There's two games I would pay $10 for. This and Zuma (Rolando and Spore tricked me).
Dangit, now I have to buy the PSP version to keep pace with Deb.

It's a decent version of the game. It's still a bit fuzzy for my taste, there's a definite chug factor to the animations, and I haven't figured out how to see the descriptions for status effects. BUT, PQ is a tremendous game and to get a game of this magnitude for ten bucks is a ridiculous bargain, just as Deb said.
02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Yay

Personally I hate match three games, tried a few and found them tedious. Having heard lots of positive reviews for various versions of PuzzleQuest, I thought I'd try it anyway. The first iPhone version was an almost unbelievably shoddy conversion, even so, playability wise, the game was great, the tiny text and bugs just put me off to the extent I didn't play it.

The recent update has tempted me back, and the more I play it, the more I like it. It's much deeper than I expected, requiring a level of strategy more like chess, the story, character development, music and graphics all combine to make, for me, the best game currently available for the iPhone.

(My second favourite game happens to be Crystal Defenders, another shoddy conversion but great game, wish they'd update it like PuzzleQuest...)