★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Landolphia
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Retro arcade shoot'em up fun!

Gameplay video: http://bit.ly/bXsDfr

"The explosion effects are fantastic, chiptune by Magnus 'Souleye' Pεlsson even better, once you pick it up you won't put it down until you are done."..."All in all, this is a great game"
http://www.creativeapplications.net/

Features:
10 levels
Upgrade your ship's 2 weapons slots, armor and cpu
Automatically saves when you're interrupted
Upbeat retro soundtrack
Two control setups: touch only and touch+accelerometer

Pew! is OpenFeint Enabled with 30+ achievements and 11 leaderboards.

Music by Magnus 'Souleye' Pεlsson.

Devilishly Good's comments:

04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for posting the App Info! I didn't expect the game to be approved today so I didn't have time to prepare a proper post.

To make up for it, I'll be giving 20 promo codes just PM me to get one.

PS: I'm the developer of Pew! in case it wasn't obvious yet..

04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
cool...PM sent and video added to the original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I like how totally hardcore retro this is — it's actually a bit like picking up an actual shooter from way back when. Not sure about the controls though, this might be one of the few games where I personally feel tilt control may have been better than touch. Your ship is glued to the bottom anyway, so touch control seems a little weird — but it's a fun little game anyway. Worth checking out if you're a retro nut, a vertical shooter lover or both.
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKR View Post
I like how totally hardcore retro this is — it's actually a bit like picking up an actual shooter from way back when. Not sure about the controls though, this might be one of the few games where I personally feel tilt control may have been better than touch. Your ship is glued to the bottom anyway, so touch control seems a little weird — but it's a fun little game anyway. Worth checking out if you're a retro nut, a vertical shooter lover or both.
Thanks for the review!

I know it's going to sound weird, but I actually have never thought about tilt controls juste because I usually don't like game that use the accelerometer.
But now that you mention it, I'll see if I can come up with tilt controls that are accurate enough, or maybe a mix of tilt and touch..

Thanks again for the feedback

edit: only a few promo codes left!

Last edited by Landolphia; 04-16-2010 at 06:54 PM.
04-16-2010, 06:53 PM
That's a cool promo video! I'm lovin the look of this game.
04-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Awesome look. PM sent. Thanks!

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this one. Lots of replayability due to achievements, ship upgrades, and weapons options.

I posted a review on iTunes, so don't want to repeat myself but this is definitely worth checking out if you like shooters and a retro look.

Starts off slow but the upgrades really make a difference and add to the addiction factor (I have a bunch of new games to get to, including the so-far awesome Icarus X, but Pew! has been claiming a lot of my time).
04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
ack, Pew requires 3.1.3 for installation...I'm still on 3.1.2

...is there a reason it's not compatible with earlier OS's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
ack, Pew requires 3.1.3 for installation...I'm still on 3.1.2

...is there a reason it's not compatible with earlier OS's?
To be honest, there's no *good* reason. I just build the game with the latest SDK by default and didn't really think about it (which retrospectively is stupid, I should have build with the earliest version compatible with the version of OpenFeint I use).

I'm not quite sure if I can 'downgrade' the required OS version in an update, but I will look into it.

Sorry for the inconvenience..