★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: A Shot in the Dark

02-15-2009, 02:37 PM
A Shot in the Dark

It looks really interesting, apparently the whole game is auditory.
Shoot zombies by tapping the side of the screen that you can hear them on.
A Shot in the Dark
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
hard to see the game itself on those screenshots...

02-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
hard to see the game itself on those screenshots...
Ahahaha, priceless.

I'm gonna TOFTT on this game, because the concept seems really interesting...

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-15-2009, 08:07 PM
yeah, it's very interesting. Tell us what u think about it

Edit: Damn i read the description... I would def. want to do it when in the dark at max volume... haha

Last edited by No Hero; 02-15-2009 at 08:11 PM.
02-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I saw this on the newest apps page, but was really confused as to why there was no screenshots of gameplay. Anyway, I think im set with the zombieville game. All auditory doesn't seem like it would interest me.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}
02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
the dev is LOLriffic?

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hero View Post
Edit: Damn i read the description... I would def. want to do it when in the dark at max volume... haha
That's what i just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hero View Post
yeah, it's very interesting. Tell us what u think about it
I am a person that really likes new ideas in games and i like this one pretty much. The idea itself is not absolutely new, but there are not many games that only (and i mean ONLY) work with an audio component. This one is the first on the iDevice (as far as i know) and in fact i only know of one other game that works that way ('In the Pit' - a XNA Game on Xbox360). So what's interesting about the game? As i said, it mainly uses your auditory skills (combined with reaction and intuition) and completely lacks any visual component. That means there are mainly two target audiences, i guess: Real Hardcoregamers that want to try out any new stuff that they can get their hands on and blind people. If there ever will be a lite version everybody should check this thing out, but until then i guess the public will pretty much ignore this thing. The Sounds are well done (i mean that really is the only thing you could **** up in this kind of game ) and after a short while you can work out the 'aiming' pretty well.

If anybody still is interested in this i can only give the following tip: Get your headphones (obviously works better with those instead of the speakers), turn of the light, close your eyes and begin the hunt...

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog