★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: .99 for a limited time!

There is but one hope! The hero's from Castle Onar must stop the Blight from spreading any further. Their quest is to find the source & destroy it before the Blight overtakes the land. There's only one thing that stands in the way of total victory....YOU!

Throw morality out of the window in this engaging new TD from Conquest Games. Tired of always having to STOP the bad guy? Ever want to see what it's like in HIS shoes? In Blighted Lands TD it is your job to conquer & spread your decay across the land.

- 13 different levels with full re-playability.

- Complete all 5 difficulties including the almost impossible HARDCORE mode.

- 4 Different unit types. Each persistent unit levels up & becomes more powerful as the game goes on.

- Earn 4 different perks for each unit.

- 4 Different Heroic Spells that become more powerful alongside your units.

- Numerous different types of enemies to defeat.

- Watch out for enemy spells. You must destroy them before they destroy you.

-Dynamic World Map that changes to show level progress & the Blight being spread.

Visit us at:
www.conquest-games.com

Follow us at:
www.twitter.com/conquestgames
04-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Unless you're the dev, Devilishly has already made a thread here.

04-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Man he is faster than a speeding bullet, lol.

I am indeed the Developer on this =)
04-16-2010, 11:52 PM
liking the graphic, waiting for further impression here
04-16-2010, 11:58 PM
All is good then

Any chance of seeing a gameplay video?
04-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
All is good then

Any chance of seeing a gameplay video?
Certainly. I will post one tomorrow evening. It's 1am & I gotta get up at 8am for work.
04-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm Impressed by how original this game is, but still unsure of how long that interest will last. BLTD Is a Mixture of both a tower defense game, an rpg, and a castle defense game. On paper this sounds great, but there are issues that mostly stem from what i suspect is an "indie" effort. I have seen similar games where the developer obviously has a true game designing soul, but the manpower for programming, and general production values are lacking, keeping the game remaining just below par. If there were less than 20 tower defense games on the app store, I'd say "for what they had to work with, hell of a job." but unless you love tower defense, and have already played through some of the best the store has to offer, i have a hard time recommending BLTD to casual fans of the genre. Don't get me wrong, there are no major flaws, everthing works fine, but lack of production values makes everthing feel a little repetitive, and the rpg and castle defense(which could be the games rise to the top) need more love. for a buck i'd say try it, but for 2, i'd ask the devs to continue buffing their unpolished diamond into something that can compete with the best in the bracket. I don't usually give ranking, but to clarify I'd go 3/5

Last edited by Darkstar21; 04-17-2010 at 02:33 AM.
04-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar21 View Post
just bought, impressions within the hour

You're late...
Thinking of TOFTTing, too!

I like to be the evil guy.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar21 View Post
I'm Impressed by how original this game is, but still unsure of how long that interest will last. BLTD Is a Mixture of both a tower defense game, an rpg, and a castle defense game. On paper this sounds great, but there are issues that mostly stem from what i suspect is an "indie" effort. I have seen similar games where the developer obviously has a true game designing soul, but the manpower for programming, and general production values are lacking, keeping the game remaining just below par. If there were less than 20 tower defense games on the app store, I'd say "for what they had to work with, hell of a job." but unless you love tower defense, and have already played through some of the best the store has to offer, i have a hard time recommending BLTD to casual fans of the genre. Don't get me wrong, there are no major flaws, everthing works fine, but lack of production values makes everthing feel a little repetitive, and the rpg and castle defense(which could be the games rise to the top) need more love. for a buck i'd say try it, but for 2, i'd ask the devs to continue buffing their unpolished diamond into something that can compete with the best in the bracket. I don't usually give ranking, but to clarify I'd go 3/5

Thanks for your impressions!

I am still tempted to buy it, I think I'll wait for a video!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Any video yet? I like the idea of being the side of the blight instead of the good side, but I'd like to see how the game plays.