★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Links to pages x and y opening up the same page?

02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Links to pages x and y opening up the same page?

Hi Guys,
I don't know if this is just me, but lately, as in today and yesterday, threads may say they have 5 pages. I would be on page 4, which doesn't have 10 posts yet, and then click on the button to go to page 5 (both the "next" button and the "5" button). However, the page 5 or next button opens up the same page I am on, which is, in this case, the half filled page 4. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but it's kinda weird. Sorry if this isn't too clear, let me know if you guys need any clarification to understand what I'm saying

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-15-2009, 05:05 PM
happens to me sometimes, let's say page 4 has got nine posts and then page 5 appears (and nothing is on it, just re-link to page 4).

02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
It's probably when spam/posts are deleted, the posts become invisible but in a way still contribute to the amount of pages. I call them ghost posts.

Stefan
02-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
It's probably when spam/posts are deleted, the posts become invisible but in a way still contribute to the amount of pages. I call them ghost posts.
nice name
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Hi Guys,
I don't know if this is just me, but lately, as in today and yesterday, threads may say they have 5 pages. I would be on page 4, which doesn't have 10 posts yet, and then click on the button to go to page 5 (both the "next" button and the "5" button). However, the page 5 or next button opens up the same page I am on, which is, in this case, the half filled page 4. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but it's kinda weird. Sorry if this isn't too clear, let me know if you guys need any clarification to understand what I'm saying
Wierd, this just started happening to me too!

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
happens to me sometimes, let's say page 4 has got nine posts and then page 5 appears (and nothing is on it, just re-link to page 4).
Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
That's probably right.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
03-02-2009, 03:03 PM
seems to be on and off
03-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I think spmwinkel is right about when posts gets deleted. The posts get deleted but the ghost pages stay there

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss