★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****Featured under What's Hot in the iTunes App Store.****

if Space Invaders and Columns had a baby together, Mutant Mayhem would be it

Mutant Mayhem is a fun and addictive Puzzle/Arcade
game that requires quick fingers and even quicker thinking!

How long can you fend off the invasion of the space mutants from the 3rd dimension?

Help protect your space station from immanent doom by projecting rogue asteroids into the path of the deadly space critters. The key to killing off the Mutants is to colour match them with the asteroids.

Mutant Mayhem is a retro inspired Puzzle/Arcade game. Mixing puzzle elements from games like Tetris and Columns, with the thrilling arcade action of classics like Galaxian and Space invaders.

Mutant Mayhem is intensely enjoyable and will have you franticly trying to stay three steps ahead of the ever advancing, space mutant onslaught.

LazyPixelGames's comments:
Mutant Mayhem: is a fun and addictive action 
game that requires quick fingers and even quicker thinking. 

How long can you fend off the invasion of the space mutants from the 3rd dimension?
Help protect the space station from immanent doom by using asteroids to ensnare then destroy the evil space mutants.

Itunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mutant-mayhem/id367459417?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D6
04-17-2010, 11:00 AM

04-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Definitely a game that needs some sort of video as I have absolutely no idea how it is played.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the update Laladanger.

Thanks for the advice LordGek, I was thinking of downloading Screenflow to record a video trailer, I will get on it within the next few days.
04-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi every one, just to let you know I still have a few promo-codes left.
IF any one is interested in one please email me at: simon at lazypixelgames dot com, thanks.
04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Game Impressions

Cute and goofy.

Evil mutants are coming for your poor little space station...how long can you hold them off? Your only defense is the ability to take some of the asteroids flying around the top of the screen that, when the player touches one, will cause it to go hurtling straight down to take out any of the same colored mutants. Each mutant you take out scores you 200 and, as long as the asteroid takes out at least one baddy in its descent you have the option of blowing it up by tapping on it again for 300 points (you can only have up to three asteroids used as missiles at a time so unless a given asteroid has more targets of its color to take out, you might as well just blow it up).

This really is all there is to it. I'm assuming this is a first iPhone game for the developer and while it shows some promise as a first time effort, it just didn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe with some more variety in opponents, power-ups, or at least some way to score some sort of combination it might have a bit more appeal.

2.5/5 at the moment.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi LordGek, thank you for the honest review. This is indeed my first Iphone game, which I developed part-time, over a two month period. You made some valid points about the lack of game-play features. I will look into adding power-ups and combo features into the next build.
Thanks for the support.
04-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone, if anyone is interested I have just posted the last patch of promo codes, please help yourself, no need to be shy :-)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=52315&page=2
07-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks for updating the tread Lordvader, I would like to also add that Mutant Mayhem is still FREE for the next 24 Hours, after that it will be returning to 99c so get it while it's hot ;-)
Any feedback will be appreciated as always.
Thanks, Simon.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mutant-mayhem/id367459417?mt=8