★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chromixa is now FREE!

04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Chromixa is now FREE!

Grab it for free before the promotion ends...

[appinfo2=all]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chromixa/id335480027?mt=8[/appinfo2]
04-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Game Impressions

I have had this game for awhile now. It is by far one my favorite puzzle games! The music fits the game perfectly, very zen-like quality to it. I still have a few puzzles on hard that I haven't beaten yet. I highly recommend checking this game out- especially for free!

Beta Tested- NYZ2, ZombieSmash HD (iPad), Bug Heroes, Earth vs Moon, Underworlds, Push Panic, N.Y. Zombies, iPharoah, Rocket Monkey Warped, uBoot, Flight Deck, Plushed, Black Matter, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, Crunchy Planets, StickBound, NovaRift, Giant Moto, Crazy Test, Fling Cube,,...

Last edited by Indiania; 04-18-2010 at 02:35 PM.

04-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Game Impressions

Very good and relaxing puzzle, attractive ambient music. Nice animated introduction besides the perfect balanced difficulty in first levels—if you want to start quick. Thanks for freebie! Highly recommended.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
At last

I've just completed the 70th (last) puzzle!

Taken me 4 months though

I hope you'll keep making new puzzles. I'd pay $0.99 for another bunch.
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredoibegin View Post
I've just completed the 70th (last) puzzle!

Taken me 4 months though

I hope you'll keep making new puzzles. I'd pay $0.99 for another bunch.
Well done! You're part of the elite group that's completed all the puzzles. I think it's only about 35 people out of the 22000 posted scores.

I'm working on some new puzzles. I think I might keep the game free and charge $0.99 for another 35 puzzles and a mini-game. How does that sound?
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siwatson View Post
Well done! You're part of the elite group that's completed all the puzzles. I think it's only about 35 people out of the 22000 posted scores.

I'm working on some new puzzles. I think I might keep the game free and charge $0.99 for another 35 puzzles and a mini-game. How does that sound?
Not a bad idea, but I fear that you'll get fewer buys if you include so many puzzles in the free version. If you slash the number of puzzles down considerably, I think it'd work a bit better. I say that because, even as a huge fan of this game, I haven't completed a huge chunk of the puzzles. If I downloaded it for free, you'd never have gotten my 99 cents or 1.99 (can't remember what it was) to begin with even though I consider the game to be superb.
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, you could be right - the current game does have a lot of puzzles for free. It's certainly more than I'd have included if I had intended to try in-app purchases from the outset. However, it feels wrong to update the game and remove some.
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Yes, you could be right - the current game does have a lot of puzzles for free. It's certainly more than I'd have included if I had intended to try in-app purchases from the outset. However, it feels wrong to update the game and remove some.
I would have to recommend making the full version a paid version again. You already have a lite version available for people to try. Although I agree that for paid downloadable content the original version probably should have contained less puzzles, taking away puzzles from customers who already have them is really going to upset them. I would pay another .99 for a new puzzle pack since you always include puzzles from all 3 difficulties and a new minigame in your updates.

Beta Tested- NYZ2, ZombieSmash HD (iPad), Bug Heroes, Earth vs Moon, Underworlds, Push Panic, N.Y. Zombies, iPharoah, Rocket Monkey Warped, uBoot, Flight Deck, Plushed, Black Matter, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, Crunchy Planets, StickBound, NovaRift, Giant Moto, Crazy Test, Fling Cube,,...
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiania View Post
I would have to recommend making the full version a paid version again. You already have a lite version available for people to try. Although I agree that for paid downloadable content the original version probably should have contained less puzzles, taking away puzzles from customers who already have them is really going to upset them. I would pay another .99 for a new puzzle pack since you always include puzzles from all 3 difficulties and a new minigame in your updates.
The trouble is, if I switch the full version to paid then it loses its ranking. It's currently ranked well in the US, UK, Canada, Japan and is getting ~15-20k downloads per day. So, at this point, I think paid downloads of new content is the only way forward. I might also offer a paid solutions pack, giving visual hints on how to complete the puzzles.

I guess I could also reduce the number of puzzles for those who download the game from now on (so no-one who has them would lose them).

Either way, I'm glad to hear you'd pay for more content. It would be interesting to see the conversion percentage. I must write up my Chromixa experiences in a blog post one of these days....

Simon.
04-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
The trouble is, if I switch the full version to paid then it loses its ranking. It's currently ranked well in the US, UK, Canada, Japan and is getting ~15-20k downloads per day. So, at this point, I think paid downloads of new content is the only way forward. I might also offer a paid solutions pack, giving visual hints on how to complete the puzzles.

I guess I could also reduce the number of puzzles for those who download the game from now on (so no-one who has them would lose them).

Either way, I'm glad to hear you'd pay for more content. It would be interesting to see the conversion percentage. I must write up my Chromixa experiences in a blog post one of these days....

Simon.
I'm glad the game's ranking well! It really is one of my favorite games! I got it when it first came out. The music is so zen-like I don't get frustrated even on the hard puzzles. I was so close to solving all the puzzles when my computer wiped out my iPhone and all the restores when I was syncing it. Getting close to where I was before in the game. I should have the game beaten soon!

If you can limit the number of puzzles new customers get without effecting old customers, I think that would work well. I look forward to more puzzles. Will you have another pack available soon? (not so subtle hint )

Edit: I think a Solutions Pack is a good idea.

Last edited by Indiania; 04-25-2010 at 06:57 PM.