★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ball Boom - Elements is a fast tactical board game for two players in which players try to occupy the majority of the board by two simple kind of moves.
It can be played against the Computer or against another player at the same device.

Although there are only two simple kind of moves - Setting in and Spreading - the possibilities are quite complex. Setting in occupies exactly one empty field while Spreading occupies all free neighboring fields in one direction. Special Elements influencing the game play add more variety to the game.

Ball Boom's Level Mode offers 24 Levels with two legs each, available in two difficulties resulting in a total of 96 games.
The results of the Level Mode are saved separately for different players on the same device.
The Tournament Mode offers 5 different Levels with two legs each, which are within certain parameters generated randomly.
The Duel Mode for two players at one device offers nearly endless variety as the games are almost completely generated randomly.

All modes provide highscore lists to measure your progress or compare your results with your friends'.

Ball Boom - Elements is designed by the well-known board game designer Stefan Dorra. He also created the Artificial Intelligence which results in a challenging Computer opponent.

mrbass's comments:
I wouldn't even have looked at this game was it not designed by Stefan Dorra who brought us For Sale the great auction card game amongst a few others.

This one you simply place a few balls like in the game Go to start but once you've place a few you can start swiping up, down, left or right and you'll make ball babies. Object is to conquer most territory with your balls just like in Go. I've only done a few levels and let me tell you this AI is NOT easy at all. Nice thing is you can play vs. another human on same device if you wish.

04-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Lite version is out
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ball-boom-lite/id367249153?mt=8

BTW, been playing it a lot with my daughter and she loves it.

Fireball destroys all balls up to first color then stops.

Pusher pushes all balls off board.

Lava moves two spaces and turns...all lava spaces are dead zones.

Tornando shoots ball like diagonally randomly.

Holes are just randomly holes in board which varies the layout of the board.
04-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Lite version is out
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ball-boom-lite/id367249153?mt=8

BTW, been playing it a lot with my daughter and she loves it.

Fireball destroys all balls up to first color then stops.

Pusher pushes all balls off board.

Lava moves two spaces and turns...all lava spaces are dead zones.

Tornando shoots ball like diagonally randomly.

Holes are just randomly holes in board which varies the layout of the board.
I played the lite version for a while.
This game really grows on you.
It's a must buy for me.

BTW: Thanks for your great site mrbass - it has cost me a lot of money

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!