★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Some Best Of ..... Awards like thread

02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Some Best Of ..... Awards like thread

Thought it might be fun to start a thread of best ofs for the Iphone ....

Best original iphone game
Rolando - not just a great game, but a great game that can best (or only) played on iphone.

Best desert island game
Samurai Puzzle Battle - great strategy, deep thinking and totally replayable. my must have on iphone long after i have removed other games.

Best technical achievements/graphics/sound
Brothers in Arms - Some might prefer Sparta, but i think the combo of 3d graphics, sound and missions make this the most cinematic game on the iphone, though exzeus probably has best all out 3d graphics so far.

Best humor/script
Westward - when a game has u laughing at the tip/loading screen, you know its differently witty. not many western based games on any platform, but westward is the best western game, period.

Best 2 min casual game
Alphabetic - simple, original and quick/addictive.

Best port from another platform
Westward - BIA comes close, though PQ seems to be improving with each update, so this might change for me.

Best use of tilt
Clusterball Arcade - it has great sensitivity so it encourages practice and skill, though snail mail comes close too.

Best online/multiplayer game
Galcon - originally single player, but once 4 way online gaming was put in, galcon became a blast. easy to find servers and games too, and each game usually last a min or so. Iphone was not meant to have hours long multiplayer and this proves why.

Best game developer/house/company
Tie between ngmoco and gameloft. One is original and fresh and iphone centric, while the other just delivers the goods and produces polished, epic games and treats iphone more like a handheld console.
02-15-2009, 08:27 PM
good thread.

02-15-2009, 08:27 PM
You forgot Best puzzle game category: Trism
02-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
dude ur obsessed
02-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
I just looked, zincous, you lost your crown. are you gonna get it back? if so im a good motivational speaker. :P

Or, Best game with a TM beside its name: Spore
Worst Game with a TM beside its name: Spore
i like the idea
Quote:
i actually prefer chop sushi for pure action puzzler .... but SPB does it for me as it has an arcade mode too.
determined by who? I don't agree with Rolando I was so excited for the longest time, and then was so let down by it.. it became far to tedious by the end, and i never ended up finishing it, and deleted it off my iPhone.. probably a couple others that deserve to be mentioned in there..

Great thread though!!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
determined by who? I don't agree with Rolando I was so excited for the longest time, and then was so let down by it.. it became far to tedious by the end, and i never ended up finishing it, and deleted it off my iPhone.. probably a couple others that deserve to be mentioned in there..

Great thread though!!
i agree! Rolando stinks!!!!
02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
I just looked, zincous, you lost your crown. are you gonna get it back? if so im a good motivational speaker. :P

Or, Best game with a TM beside its name: Spore
Worst Game with a TM beside its name: Spore
actually, spore gets my vote as most disappointing branded game with best production values with one of the lesser implementations of tilt controls but best use of camera in an iphone game so far ... whew!