★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bubble Trouble anyone???

10-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to rockchalk22
Bubble Trouble anyone???

I used to love playing bubble trouble and later bubble struggle and I always thought it would be perfect to put on the iphone/ipod touch. Then I just recently saw this "happy face popper" and it looks to be a disappointment. Does anyone know if the makers of bubble trouble are even thinking about putting their brilliant game on itunes?
10-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Patient.

Please, be patient.
It will be soon available on the AppStore for 0.99$.

(two weeks?)

10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't know if you and I are thinking about the same bubble trouble. I am talking about the better one: http://www.miniclip.com/games/bubble-trouble/en/ I think you might be talking about the crummy online app that is just another version of "remove 'em" which the app store already has enough of those. So if you are talking about the same bubble trouble game that I mentioned, then I would be interested to see a website or teaser video of some kind. But if you were talking about the online app that is just another remove em game, then my suggestion to you is that you just forget about it. The same thing goes for you sudoku game developers!!! there doesn't need to be 50 different sudoku apps out there when the only thing different is the title!!! Anyways, that's my two cents. I really hope you were talking about the awesome bubble trouble I came to know and love
10-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk22 View Post
I don't know if you and I are thinking about the same bubble trouble. I am talking about the better one: http://www.miniclip.com/games/bubble-trouble/en/ I think you might be talking about the crummy online app that is just another version of "remove 'em" which the app store already has enough of those. So if you are talking about the same bubble trouble game that I mentioned, then I would be interested to see a website or teaser video of some kind. But if you were talking about the online app that is just another remove em game, then my suggestion to you is that you just forget about it. The same thing goes for you sudoku game developers!!! there doesn't need to be 50 different sudoku apps out there when the only thing different is the title!!! Anyways, that's my two cents. I really hope you were talking about the awesome bubble trouble I came to know and love
I would rather see the original than yet another clone.

The original was called CannonBall and was actually made by Hudson Soft for the msx in '83

Capcom then brought it to fame when they expanded the idea with Pang (Buster Bros in the US)

Happy face popper is terrible and its a shame they even made it when they should still have rights to the game that started it all!
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Very impressive! I had no idea Pang or Buster Bros existed untill you said that. I looked it up on youtube and it looks even better than bubble trouble. I would be thrilled to see any of those games in the app store so they could blow happy face popper out of the competition
10-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Bubble Struggle II: Rebubbled
I hope that someone will make a game like this for the iPhone but I'm not sure the controls will be good. Maybe flick right left for walking and tap for shooting. Then flick up down for the ladders. Or virtual buttons but I don't like them for most games.
10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
That buster bros is tight. The bubbles look exactly the same as bubble trouble.
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
When I think of Bubble Trouble, I think of the great Ambrosia title, which was a variant on Pengo. I loved that game.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/bt/

But, I don't need to see it on my iPod Touch. I've played that game plenty already. Indeed, in general I'd like to see fewer versions of existing games, and more originals.
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
^ I agree! Bubble Trouble to me is not the same one as found on miniclip.

It was very very fun