★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mappdev
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ********************

"A simple, fun game that is easy to get to grips with and has two different types of play!" - Customer review

"This game is a great game to play while waiting for the bus, the two different game modes are very similar but both are challenging in different ways. Awesome game!" - Customer review

A fresh take on a classic game! You have 90 seconds to catch as many orbs as you can. With 2 game modes and 3 difficulty levels, you'll have a hard time putting OrbCatcher down.

FEATURES:
* Challenging puzzle/action game
* 2 different game modes
* 3 difficulty levels
* Pick-up-and-play in just a few moments

Mappdev's comments:
Hello all, I am the sole developer at Mappdev and I'm here to announce my first iPhone game, OrbCatcher. It's available on iTunes for just $0.99, and a LITE version is coming soon.

Youtube link | Pop Up

I am down to just 1 promo code for my game. [EDIT] Code claimed!

Also, I am already starting work on my next iPhone game but I plan to release an update for this one in a few days that will improve the UI and tweak the gameplay a bit. Thanks for reading!
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Looks great man, I'll defiantly check it out. Nice to see another gamesalad user on the TA forums xD

04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks Dan! Just FYI to all, the promo code has been claimed. I'll have more when I release the first update!
04-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappdev View Post
Thanks Dan! Just FYI to all, the promo code has been claimed. I'll have more when I release the first update!
Looks like a fun little puzzler.

Which plans do you have for the first update?

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 04-20-2010 at 06:09 AM.
04-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Plans for update

I'll be cleaning up the UI, making Game B a little bit faster, and making the play controls a little more obvious. As I said, just some things that were obvious after some user testing. The update should be ready by next week.
04-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
Looks like a fun little puzzler.

Which plans do you have for the first update?
Actually I just submitted the update I was planning, it makes Game B 10 times better! Considering the pace of Apple's reviews it should be up by Friday.
04-25-2010, 02:36 PM
The Lite version is here!

Hey everyone, I'm happy to announce that the free version was approved yesterday, you can get it here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbcatcher-lite/id367869912

If you like the free version, which includes one game mode, why not buy the full version for $0.99?
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbcatcher/id367681570